This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Project Peugeot X-Fight *USA*

CharlieH

Hello,

I'm Charlie, Age 43, representing the Palm Beach County, Florida Chapter of the Freakbike Militia. This is my 2nd scooter project. I found this X-Fight on Ebay for $710 and picked it up in Miami and rode it home. It took me 4 hours, but I made it. It was pretty beat up. When I got it home I took it apart the same day. With the intention of building it into a streetfighter. Hopefully, with some help from you guys I can get it done.

I'm not too familiar with the parts you can order, so after a week of browsing and emailing them I said screw it and told the guys at scootercenter to send me:

Airsal T6 Cylinder Kit
Yasuni R exhaust
Polini Big Bore Kit
And whatever else I need to get it to work.

I gave them my credit card number and said send what it takes. We'll see what comes soon

We'll start with the engine and move to Optik with my next order

Here goes:

The frame:

Last edited:
Thanks! You can't get Peugeot parts in the USA. That I know of. I get them from the UK. So far I've only needed a headset cup and bearing. Aftermarket stuff you can get shipped over. All it takes is money

where i live a streetfighter is for stunting, do you plan on stunting your bike, if so how come you stretched your bike. also how come it says that you ordered a airsal t6 cylinder kit and a polini big bore kit. what do you plan on doing with both of those cylinder kits, why not just get one really good bore kit.

y

i guess u can ride in usa ur bike like u what,i mean like with nos etc....the police give a shit...

wow 43 years old and than scootertuning?XD

lets see what u can do

why not buy i longer suspention?

good luck

'cause I got a good deal on steel tubing

I stretched it because I like that look. I like stunting videos, but I'm not a stunter. I'm a spaz that way.

The big bore kit is carb, manifold, reeds. We'll have wait as see what scootercenter sends me. I kinda gave them a blanck check. Good thing is we don't pay 19% VAT. Tho with shipping it works out to around that.

TO ALL:

LET'S HEAR SOME SUGGESTIONS ON BLING BLING OPTIK PARTS AND PAINT SCHEME. GOOD STUFF NO RICE.

Cheers!
Charlie

Last edited:
did you even check out the scooter center website to see what they have for your bike. what kinds of speeds are you trying to get out of your bike.

Here's my scootercenter shopping cart

Exhaust -YASUNI R ALU- Peugeot 50 (with E-PASS) 144,12EUR
Gear kit BGM012362 English 51,80EUR
Cylinder kit 70cc Airsal T6 Racing Peugeot LC (vertical) 119,32EUR
Variator kit Malossi -MULTIVAR 2000- Peugeot Speedfight,Speedake 52,63EUR
Polini Big Valve carb-kit (P) Honda, Peugeot 21mm PHBG 131,68EUR
Quick action throttle (horizontal) 19,68EUR

I told them to add whatever else I need (jets, sparkplug, fuel line, gaskets, roller weights, springs, etc) to the order, so I can have everything I need to get it done.

Trying to hit 75mph. Think I'll make it with this stuff?

Thanks
Charlie

Last edited:
lol, i dont know, 75mph is kinda fast. do you plan on doing some serious porting to get more power out of that stock airsal cylinder. also is airsal the best cylinder for your bike.

Honestly, I'm just fooling around. I like to tinker and build stuff. If I can hit 60mph I'll be happy as a pig in.....If it runs at all I'll be happy LOL

I'm not going to tune the cylinder. That's beyond me. I just want a reliable fun ride.

Check out the kickstand I made. It took me longer to make than the swingarm!

Done with the fabricating for now on to bondo and paint.

This could be a stupid question but dont you get laughed at if you drive a scooter over there? seems to me only "geeks" ride scooters there, could be wrong though maybe i watch to many movies...

This could be a stupid question but dont you get laughed at if you drive a scooter over there? seems to me only "geeks" ride scooters there, could be wrong though maybe i watch to many movies...

Yeah, I get laughed at by my buddies. They all ask "Why didn't you buy a motorcycle".....whatever. I like the simplicity of a scooter. Motorcycles have too many parts I guess I'm a geek

Many people in the USA consider anyone that doesn't have a car is a loser and an alcoholic. My wife and daughter have cars (Hummer H3 & Dodge Neon), which I pay for and maintain, but I don't have a car. I don't need one. I ride my bicycles and the scooter. The "car people" hate bicyclists and scooters. They'll try and kill you.

150cc 4t scoots are popular. Most of the 50cc they sell here suck and will get you run off the road and killed. It's mostly Chinese crap, because people in the USA will buy anything that's cheap, use it once or twice, and then throw it away.

Cheers,
Charlie

LOL! so if you must be careful if you drive around with a scooter then i would have chosen another exhaust....
gl with your project haha

it all makes sence now here in holland you drive scooter from your 16th till your 18, then you can legally drive a car. if we had the choice between car or scooter, it was obvious

btw, show some pics of tha hummaaaa :~ sitting on chromes?

Yes, especially if it's one of those cheap $900 turds sold on the street corner under some tent. You will notice many of the US scooter owners, like Charlie and the others on this site, are not very young, myself included (45). It is the few adults like us that will buy the nicer scooters and fix them up.
Our revenge against those that laugh is blowing their asses away at the stoplight when it turns green, lol.
Petrik, you are correct, the American TV and culture in general views scooters as toys, or transportation for the mentally retarded. I cringe every time I see the Vespa in the Kotex commercial. All we can do is show them on a personal level how cool scooters can be, how fun they are to ride. I own nice cars myself, but choose to ride a scooter because it is relaxing and fun.

scootertrog