Post Photos of your Porting Tools!

i hope you understand my explanation but you get where i'm going at, need to know if that angled handpiece will fit my flexshaft, if it does i can do wonders with it. :D

Hey Tiba!

I'm picking up the calipers tonight on my way home from work. Sorry that it's a little longer than I expected, but I'll try and post measurements for you tonight. :D

Cheers!

~Josh

If there are any specifics that you need, let me know. Here's what I have:
bothends.JPG

female.JPG

drivenshaft.jpg

All the Best,

~Josh

Sorry friend, I meant to reply to your PM and it slipped my mind. :( I get them from cc specialty tool. http://www.ccspecialtytool.com I'm sure there's a couple of extra sources around, but I haven't bothered looking yet.

Big B NRG uses the same ones if I'm correct, and he may have a local source, depending on your location. :D

:)

http://www.scooterinvasion.net/pics/latchcut1.JPG

This is the CA type shank (contra angle type hanpieces use this shape) you can buy this type of tools at any dental shops (diamond, tungsten carbide, etc..)

Last edited:
just got the foredom 55a handpiece from the US, thanks to trueoverrev. now about the burrs do they have diamond available for this? i hope the local dental supply has some that will fit this handpiece.

Yo porting freaks :#
After a lot of thinking how to make a low budget angled porting device I came up with this and just bought it of ebay:

c7fc_1.JPG

brand new nakamura handpiece, 45 bucks shipped to Croatia. There is driveshaft sticking out of it so I hope I'll manage to connect it to my el cheapo flex shaft. Will post some pics when and IF I make it to work :)

my search paid off & i was able to get a few diamond & silicon carbide burrs for the handpiece but are there any others which are a bit longer & have a bigger head diameter? it's just i'm not so used to burrs this small.

at least now i can use it. :)

with another rpm this piece works without vibrations. Its good enough for a few cylinders a year, just need some more patience :)

Glad to hear some good experiences guys!
Thats exactly what I need it for - a few cylinders a year. Cant wait to try it! :p

i know somebody who made a small pipe on the lathe, made some (stuff to bold on, forgot the word) , on the hand piece and on the cheapass flexshaft and the pipe. By doing this he created a solid piece which works more precise, and also very important it didnt overheat because there is a lot less friction on the shaft in the handpiece. Start practicing and knowing the tool on an old cylindre, it can be a quite tricky thing sometimes the way it handles. Also i would like to add, there are pieces more fun to work with, its just a cheap solution to get some porting stuff done

Keep us posted on your progress Narx, it's neat to see everyone's different setups with porting tools, etc! One of these days, I'm going to make a long list of different options... porting tools don't HAVE to be expensive if you're thrifty. :) Your tool looks just like the top part of my hand piece, I'm sure they all use similar parts.

Cheers!

~Josh

hey tiba , i got a couble of carbides and diamonds which i use at work due to our metals molds , i have all kinds and shapes , just give me a ring if you need one , those used in dental shops wont last long

Back