Possible carb problem

crlracing

I'm using and orignal PWK carb on my minarelli set up and what happens is that after i changed from a long intake manifold for the short intake manifold ( Vtwins manifold) it start to be harder to put the scooter working. Now that i didn´t run it for 2 months i try to start it and the engine and it doesn´t start. The plug is ok, and what is happening is that the engine gets full of gas and does not start, every time i clean everything including the carb and accemble everyting again and try to sart it it always happen the same thing. When i take out the exhaust pipe it even has gas inside. What can be wrong?
the pilot jet is 55 and the main jet is 148

Advertisement - register to remove this

Yes the short manifold does have an angle. The same and any other XSH wig and malossi piaggio manifold have.
The spark is ok, it does spark.
Jetting was ok for the Long manifold (it starded ok when engine was cold with out choke puched) and it did work on the short manifold when i changed it. It didn´t started has easy but it started. Now it does not start and engine get's flooded and does not start :( HELP!

You just have too big an idle jet and too low a main jet.
Besides that your float is tuned for 0degrees float cup and with that manifold you get around 45degrees or more depending on engine position. At idle with that angle you will almost for sure flood the crankcase.
Your fuel tap maybe damaged too and when you leave the big for some time fuel keeps going inside the crankcase.

E sim, eu sei quem tu és...eheheh

Back