Polini vs Malossi

sportee

hi guys my first post here :D
my ride is a runner 180SP and i'm considering a malossi 172 kit or the polini LC 175 kit... main diff i guess is in the compression about 11 for malossi and 13.5 for the polini kit...
need you guys advice on these 2 kits which would be better?? with a compression of 13.5 on the polini would i need to change my crankshaft as well?
I am going for pickup, stunting and a bit of top end... and oh road usage please... the racing scene over here is dead... :(

guys kindly advise i thank u in advance~~

Advertisement - register to remove this

The malossi 172 is the most popular route to take, although I do know people who use the polini kit and that is similar. Not sure which is the better though. many of the pipes such as the PM tuning ones achieve better results with the malossi kit. although the high revving polini pipe works well with the polini cylinder afaik.
As for your crank, the standard one should be fine for now, but if you plan to take the tuning further still, it is worth getting one at some point. I get about 20hp from my drag and that is with the standard crank, I have not killed it yet :D although I do plan to get the malossi crank next year.
For more help try posting on www.italjetdragster.com as there are people who have the polini cylinder who could give you their opinions.

Dave

Back