Polini Evo Exhaust

Browni said:
And how much is the inner diameter of the Ixil silencer, cause now I use a Fasmem silencer with 23 mm inner diamater!

Yes a lot of racing pipe has a too low header, it's a problem for me too! But this home made converted EVO5 is nice:)

The Ixil twin is allso around that size.
Thanx. It drivels well to. But my engine does'nt realy perform well with less than the 24 mm TM24. Must be the size of the ports + the increased crank volume.

But well. Who cares. It does power wheelie on command now. (Well it is acctually harder to keep it down :p )

nice evo5, did you changed the header mounting? i have the same problem, the header of my is too low for my jog,aprio, couple if inches from away from the ground,. im always worried about that., anywy, im always bothered with my untuned evo cyl, im thinking of porting (but im not the one who'll do it, maybe i'll ship my evo cyl there and you guys do it, if its ok with you.,) or not., coz i use my scoot everyday,. Some say that once you ported the cylinder, you couldn't use it anymore as often as before. is that true?

bluestar said:
nice evo5, did you changed the header mounting? i have the same problem, the header of my is too low for my jog,aprio, couple if inches from away from the ground,. im always worried about that., anywy, im always bothered with my untuned evo cyl, im thinking of porting (but im not the one who'll do it, maybe i'll ship my evo cyl there and you guys do it, if its ok with you.,) or not., coz i use my scoot everyday,. Some say that once you ported the cylinder, you couldn't use it anymore as often as before. is that true?

Thanks. No I only cut out a small piece. Turned it 90° and put it back in.

Consening ported cylinders. Send it to one of the KNOWN tuners. XSH cylinders looks good. Don't know about performance though. Conserning you jog.
I know. It is WERY low (an a EVO5 like mine will hit the ground on yours)
My advise is: Get a longer rear shock.

your right., i should get a longer rear shock., do you have pics of your sr during tuning days.,or pics when & how you build it., especially ur cyl., could you show me the ports? tnx., Another question, what carburator did you used?

bluestar said:
your right., i should get a longer rear shock., do you have pics of your sr during tuning days.,or pics when & how you build it., especially ur cyl., could you show me the ports? tnx., Another question, what carburator did you used?

I don't have many pictures of my cylinders. But you can find pictures of my SR on http://www.velo.dyndns.dk/

On the intake side I have been using the Mikuni VM20 with stock Airbox (.75 jet) Wich opened enourmes RPM. Later I have went back to the Mikuni TM24 wich better fills the engine and cylinder. (Wery good carburator.)

oh it's a Mikuni., so you mean carb greatly affect engine's RPM., is your TM24 has the size as the name implies., 24mm, or what? im now using oko 28mm d slide do you think its a good carb? Whats the main jet of your TM24.,? and how much did it cost?

Last edited:
bluestar said:
oh it's a Mikuni., so you mean carb greatly affect engine's RPM., is your TM24 has the size as the name implies., 24mm, or what? im now using oko 28mm d slide do you think its a good carb? Whats the main jet of your TM24.,? and how much did it cost?

bluestar

Do you have more pic about you r scooter? I like little scooters!! :)

i do., but i can't post it., i don't know how., ill try get recent photos of my scoot with evo2 on it., i'll show you how Filipinoes(poeple in the Philippines) deal with thier scoot.,

bluestar said:
i do., but i can't post it., i don't know how., ill try get recent photos of my scoot with evo2 on it., i'll show you how Filipinoes(poeple in the Philippines) deal with thier scoot.,

Upload your pic to the web, then insert it to this topic!

ok., ill do it., hey., where can i download some scooter videos? tnx., one more., is what is the size of mikuni tm24? is it flat slide ? and how carburator affect engines' rpm,. can you give me some advice regarding of choosing the proper carb for may evo cyl., tnx

bluestar said:
ok., ill do it., hey., where can i download some scooter videos? tnx., one more., is what is the size of mikuni tm24? is it flat slide ? and how carburator affect engines' rpm,. can you give me some advice regarding of choosing the proper carb for may evo cyl., tnx

Mikuni TM 24 is 24 mm size ant it's flatslide.

This question is so complicate!

Usually with the bigger carb you have more horsepowers, but the not increase the max rpm significantly.

The accelration will be better from start, but bigger carbs has much more lazy gas responze, because of the bigger cross-section the gas speed is decrease.

so you have to do something with bigger carbs., stock jet of my carb is 128., i'm planning to rejet it with smaller size somewhat like 120., and you are right the gas response is logging., too much fuel is coming in the crankcase., do you tune your carb? what carb did you use?

bluestar said:
so you have to do something with bigger carbs., stock jet of my carb is 128., i'm planning to rejet it with smaller size somewhat like 120., and you are right the gas response is logging., too much fuel is coming in the crankcase., do you tune your carb? what carb did you use?

I did little modification on my carb like little polishing, and some correction for the better flowing. Currently I have a Dell'Orto PHBG 21 mm carb, but soon I try the OKO 28 mm!

hahaha., you should try one., easy to tune., but i have hard time of rejetting my carb., anywy., you said polishing and correction to make the a/f misture to flow better., can you tell how? i tried to polish the carb openning., with a very fine sandpaper., is it ok?

bluestar said:
hahaha., you should try one., easy to tune., but i have hard time of rejetting my carb., anywy., you said polishing and correction to make the a/f misture to flow better., can you tell how? i tried to polish the carb openning., with a very fine sandpaper., is it ok?

hehe with a very fine sandpaper, yes it's maybe good but it will be 3 years with this method:) Use a high rpm tool and polish heads!

yeah right!! maybe 10 years., hahahahaha, what part do i polish most? the outer mouth opening or the one going to the intake side.,

Back