Polini Evo Exhaust

hey guys,

My evo2 pipe just arrived., The mounting is dif'rent from my old 4race pipe., i was wrong , i saw the part code it is 200.0240., for mina engine., with "evolution polini" logo in the muffler., sorry but i cant upload the pic., but i'll try for you to see., Its mounting is more lower than my old 4 race., the chamber is bigger and length of the pipe is much shorter than d 4race., The muffler has a bigger diameter.,
The performance is good., i never drove my bike like that., I couldnt tell their difference with c16, coz ive never tried or even see personally the c16 pipe.,, i coundnt tell the powerband but for sure it's high with my evo cyl., so much torque! i coudnt handle my bike for a long stretch.

Last edited:
$aint said:
are you sure the AC and LC evo2's are the same?
I thought the AC/LC 4race's were different.

And doesn't the evo2 exhaust have it's powerband in somewhat higher RPM's as a C16?

They look wery much alike. But the hanging braket is mounted different on the two models.
Both For Race and EVO are different on the AC/LC Mina engines. (But you can use AC on both types. Though LC is LC only because it hits the fan cover)

C16/EVO gen.2 If the powerband lies higher. It isn't that much.
But the EVO pipe gives mere boost than the C16.
In short terms. More wheelie power.

i see.., so you mean this Ev0 gen 2 pipe could out perform C16 and could punch from low to mid range., but how's the top end? i can't ride with a full throttle so i dont know how fast it could reach it., heres my current set-up

polini evo 70 cyl (untuned)
polini evo gen 2 exhaust
mhr rhq crank shaft
mhr vl12 reed cage with koso rubber manifold
28mm oko carb
mhr overrange tranmission
mhr delta clutch
mhr safety clutch bell
stock primary gear
15/31 secondary gear

any tips to optimize the potential of this pipe? what loads of center and clutch springs i could use.? what is the right clutch settings?

bluestar said:
any tips to optimize the potential of this pipe? what loads of center and clutch springs i could use.? what is the right clutch settings?

Top end Is good as well.
Roller,jetting and clutch settings depends on how the engine performs, How well it is asembled and what filter you use. And it depends on how high it is geared.

Velo said:
They are the same. The only differance is the mounting point. The LC will hit the fan cover on the AC engine. (Just like it is with the For Race exhaust)

Performance is good. Like the C16. But with more torque.

Velo What do you mean torque? ->At which RPM? The EVo2 pipe is very short, is it not only good at high RPM?

Do you have videos from your scooter + EVO2 pipe?

Browni said:
Velo What do you mean torque? ->At which RPM? The EVo2 pipe is very short, is it not only good at high RPM?

Do you have videos from your scooter + EVO2 pipe?

I whish I new it. But My Koso rpm "thing" is kind of strange.
The exhaust looks short but the header is longer than you would think.
I only have this little clip with EVO and that isn't realy good in that wiew because it is with a C16 header (I have grinded hole in the stock header in right corners during race.)
http://www.stregen.dyndns.dk/Video/2003 - 0928/MVI_3713.AVI

Conserning torque. It is a gut feeling. It is more or less the same RPM area. But it pulls a bit harder than the C16

Velo

did you tune the black one? the one that doing the burn out? how, how much HP at the rear wheel? my evo2 sounds a little bit the same as in the video., may i know what's the modifications of that scoot? How high it was geared?

Last edited:
bluestar said:
Velo

did you tune the black one? the one that doing the burn out? how, how much HP at the rear wheel? my evo2 sounds a little bit the same as in the video., may i know what's the modifications of that scoot? How high it was geared?

Yes I have made the Black SR (And it is me driving it) It put out a 16.xx on the rear. (MK PRII cylinder, OR kit etc. The gearing was a stock seck. and a Polini Primary stright cut gear) Fixed engine mount, tm24, K&N

you said you used c16? i noticed in the video that it has 2 mufflers., am i right? i wish i can ride my bike as good as you., you got excellent riding skills.,!!! anywy, whats the top speed of the black SR? Here in the philippines, we usually just leave the carb open., do you think it is a good idea or i should install an air filter., DAMN, that SR rocks!!!!!!

bluestar said:
you said you used c16? i noticed in the video that it has 2 mufflers., am i right? i wish i can ride my bike as good as you., you got excellent riding skills.,!!! anywy, whats the top speed of the black SR? Here in the philippines, we usually just leave the carb open., do you think it is a good idea or i should install an air filter., DAMN, that SR rocks!!!!!!

You are right. There is mounted an other muffler from a Ixil twin. To keep the noise level down. The exhaust in the vid is acctualy a EVO exhaust with a C16 header. http://www.stregen.dyndns.dk/Pictures/2003 - 0928/PHTO0067.JPG

The topspeed is acctually quite low. With only 107 km/t as top, on the Sigma BC800

Velo said:
You are right. There is mounted an other muffler from a Ixil twin. To keep the noise level down. The exhaust in the vid is acctualy a EVO exhaust with a C16 header. http://www.stregen.dyndns.dk/Pictures/2003 - 0928/PHTO0067.JPG

The topspeed is acctually quite low. With only 107 km/t as top, on the Sigma BC800

Hm it looks like better with the C16's header. But then we can't talk about the EVO2 pipe's performance cause your pipe is not a 100% EVO2!

Velo said:

Velo we made a little test and a too long muffler (or a double one) can greatly decrease the performance!

Last edited:
Browni & Velo

Browni has a point., my chamber looks like the same in the pic., anywy., some say evo2 runs well with an evo cyl., Velo, you're using pro race so you know how it performs., Between evo cyl and pro race, both untuned., which one has more rpm? And one thing im using an open carb., do you think its a good idea., or i should get a filter?

bluestar said:
Browni & Velo

Browni has a point., my chamber looks like the same in the pic., anywy., some say evo2 runs well with an evo cyl., Velo, you're using pro race so you know how it performs., Between evo cyl and pro race, both untuned., which one has more rpm? And one thing im using an open carb., do you think its a good idea., or i should get a filter?

For dragracing the airfilter is not necessary, but if you use it on the street the air filter is reccommened (the engine life will be longer).

Browni said:
Hm it looks like better with the C16's header. But then we can't talk about the EVO2 pipe's performance cause your pipe is not a 100% EVO2!

But is was before I canged it. ;)

Browni wrote:
Velo we made a little test and a too long muffler (or a double one) can greatly decrease the performance!

I know. but I have done lots of testing on that point. Therefore the 2. silincer is from a Ixil Twin, couse the hole through is bigger than normal pipes.
I have allso made this.
23055.jpg

It's a piaggio EVO gen. 5 with one of the big Gianelli mufflers. Way cool performance on BIG cylinders. (Tuned EVO + TM24 and cart filter) Don't know about HP yet. But powerwheelies and rollings are EASY.
http://www.velo.dyndns.dk/Pictures/2004 - 0328/IMG_0007.JPG -> IMG_0010.JPG

Only problem is the header is quite low.

bluestar said:
Browni & Velo

It does.
Untuned? Can't realy remeber. But the EVO isn't as high timed as the Pro Race.

Conserning carb. Open karb is OK on a dyno or in sprinting. But otherwise. NO. a couple of sand grains. And you can ruin your engine. barrings, cylinderwall, piston etc. bad idea.

Velo said:
Only problem is the header is quite low.

And how much is the inner diameter of the Ixil silencer, cause now I use a Fasmem silencer with 23 mm inner diamater!

Yes a lot of racing pipe has a too low header, it's a problem for me too! But this home made converted EVO5 is nice:)

Back