Piaggio NRG DD 2006

lifeboatman3

Hi
Can anybody please help me? Whats the max RPM on the Piaggio NRG 50cc? Mine is bogging down, im getting 6000rpm max and 25mph, sometimes it goes to 7500rpm for a few seconds then backs down again! Ive had the carb off and cleaned it and all looks ok. Any help on this would be great
Thanks

Advertisement - register to remove this

Hi
Can anybody please help me? Whats the max RPM on the Piaggio NRG 50cc? Mine is bogging down, im getting 6000rpm max and 25mph, sometimes it goes to 7500rpm for a few seconds then backs down again! Ive had the carb off and cleaned it and all looks ok. Any help on this would be great
Thanks

Clean your transmission (vario, belt & poulies) and put new variator rollers in.

Hello my friend max rpm is around 8k and that is a Air cooled engine.

You should replace the variator and try again, or upjet or downjet your carb depending on the colour of your spark plug.

Maybe your rollers are too heavy?

Check for worn clutch, what clutch springs are in?

Hi
Thanks for that
As far as I know its the original spring and rollers, the bikes done 11000miles now so do you think its time to them to be replaced. I took the case off and had a look at the belt and spring and it looked ok, I couldnt get to the rollers the nut was to tight for me to get off I'm going to need to get a talk gun! Its a pain it pulls away sometimes great but others it completly bogs down which is no good when your on a round about!!!
Cheers

Hi mate tell me what jet is in your carb. And whats the colour of the spark plug.

The nut is not too tight, u can't get it off without a impact wrench or a varaitor locking tool as it moves.

Hi
Ive checked the weights and they look like new. The plug looks a good colour not too oiled. Do you think it would be the jets someone told me it could be the auto choke?
Thanks

Back