Piaggio Malossi Overrange, Short Long block diffrent rear pulleys, variator?

Zmod

Hello!
I wonder if anyone know if there is any difference in the Overrange 2006 kit for piaggio engines after year 2000.

Specifically i think about the Variator and the rear Pulleys between the long and the short engine.

Cause i use a Piaggio Zip overrange 2006 kit on my long engine block and changed the belt to the longer malossi kevlar belt.

And the belt seems to be too short. So it seems like the Rear Pulleys and variator have some differences between them! If anyone could confirm if this is true or not i would be happy =)!

Picture:
http://bayimg.com/laJlkaAbk

Thanks!
//daniel

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

Check if the belt at the front of the transmission is all the way down. If its not laying on the crackshaft, you might need to place a little ring (a shim) so theres more room and the belt will go down. If the belt goes lower at front, more space is left and it will go up in your rear pulleys.

Check if the belt at the front of the transmission is all the way down. If its not laying on the crackshaft, you might need to place a little ring (a shim) so theres more room and the belt will go down. If the belt goes lower at front, more space is left and it will go up in your rear pulleys.

Its at the bottom. I can't understand why mine is shorter or the block longer. Cause on malossis homepage there is only one 61 9202 belt. So i have the right one :S

Maybe a production fault by malossi. Happens sometimes :(

So i took out my reserve which i bought later and from an other shop xD. And its the same length! Really strange! well. I can't get my clutch engage later than 8k rpm now, thats the annoying part! Well i'll se if i could find a bit longer if it doesn't stretch soon xD.

Back