Piaggio engines cant run well

Hebo

Guys i have nrg mc3 lc i open it for water pump changing, i saw that my reeds was damage too and i buy new malossi. I Close the engine, the first 50km's the engine run good like before the opening but after that in high rpm's (after 8-9) or on full trottle it chokes.. i must give up half trottle to run to top speed or run normal.. i start to search for the problem, it's not from the gas or oil lines, it's not the carburator mixture (i clean the carb jets airfilter etc..) or transmission problem, i bought new spark plug and the same problem.. can it be from the reeds? ideas?
... when is colt (the first 2-3km) it runs normal..

Advertisement - register to remove this

If it runs good when cold, but bad when warm, you should look at your carburetor. Sounds like it's running to lean when the choke closes.

sorry but i cant understand exactly what you mean. If this will help.. the carb is 17.5 phva with 70jet (giannelli extra exhaust, polini vario - 4.7g rollers, blue clutch springs and etc. the cylinder is stock) i cant find difference when i play with the air/petrol mixture bolt normally it runs better when is closed ~ 1/3 turnover from fully closed.. but the colour of the spark is good :? its the same mixture setup from 2 years and i dont have problems before :( somethin about the reeds? begore im going to buy new stock tomorrow..

Are you tuning the carb on a hot engine? Remember, that when you tune it on a cold engine it will get a richer fuel mixture because of the choke.

i change the cylinder and the piston and now runs better.. now the problem is only after 9500-10000rpm (tacho) it chokes and cant run more than 10k.. if i put the lighter roller 4g (for stunt riding) and it starts after 9500 and chokes... if im with 4.7g roller it starts from ~9000 and runs good.. but it is harder to wheelie

Carburation not set correctly. Change the mainjet appropriatly, probably a little higher if it chokes. If its more like it stutters than go smaller in mainjet

Back