piaggio 70 small end bearing fail

diesel27

Wanting to know how / why small end bearing got pounded ? NRG , S6 sport pro and new doppler enduro crank ran strong for 2000 km . Want to avoid same problem before my new build . Any ideas are appreciated .

Advertisement - register to remove this

Mhm, hard to tell, could be overrevving due to too low gear ratio, tho my guess would be its just the Doppler shit quality that hit you. Get a MHR silver bearing as a replacement and you should be good!

Thanks for that . I do have Longer g/box ratio and only rev to 11k max . Std bearing width is 13 mm , is it better again to go oversize to the 15 mm ? I was pre mixing at 33:1 and piston and bore looked good . Crankshaft still looks ok too ...

Hey, really sounds like a parts failure. I believe you mean 12mm. 13mm would already be oversize on Piaggio. I'd stick with stock, it should really not be a problem to run a 12mm bearing with your setup!

Ok thanks TuningMatters . I will try that .

By the way , does anyone know how a s6 racing cylinder coupled with an r1200 exhaust would perform if only reved to 11k ? As I think that is the limit of my purejet cdi including conversion kit ???

Back