Peugeot Elyseo 50 starting and voltage issues

MarkInSpain

Hi, I´m new to scooters and just bought a Elyseo 50 non runner.. It has no battery although I connected up an 12v battery to try an get it to run.. I have found I have no spark. I can not use the starter motor as it is blown (I have unplugged the relay) With the spark plug removed, I have no spark when spinning the cooling fan / Crankshaft with a drill at a brisk speed.. not too fast., With the battery disconnected, I am only getting a 4v DC at the battery terminals. The bike has a un marked CDI unit that feels warm when the ignition is left turned to the start position. The key I have has no plastic case, so no transponder, there is no immobiliser device fitted to the end of of the 2 wire cable that goes down to the CDI, there is just an un used connector.

Should I be getting a spark without a battery, or must a battery be connected, even when using the kick starter?
How do i check that the generator is working? There is only 3 wires coming from the pickup next to the generator flywheel
Can someone tell me what terminals are for the DC and AC voltage regulator and what voltages should expect when spinning the generator flywheel by hand (the sparkplug is removed)?

I really hope someone can help me? Thanks in advance, Mark

Attachments

• Pug CDI unit.jpg
    Pug CDI unit.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 4
Advertisement - register to remove this

You should be able to get a spark without the battery installed, i think the voltage needs to be anywhere between about 12 to 14 volts. Did you try a different spark plug? Some need to have this cap on the thread on the end of the spark plug to properly fit. Check if the wire between the coil and the spark plug cap is properly connected on both sides. Also check if the little pickup point next to the flywheel is placed close enough to the flywheel

I am not an expert with these cdi's, but that kinda looks like the cdi's which are used in combination with a immobiliser.

You might gonna be needing this if ur system is not complete:

Though if id was me, id replace the complete wiring harnass and if needed the ignition parts.

Last edited:
I will have a look what my cdi looks like, i dont have a transponder key so either you have a different cdi with immobilizer or the problem lies somewhere else. Ill get back to you. where is this cdi located on the frame?

Back