OKO Carb with MHR manifold?

Areomyst

Scootin' America!
'Gday friends,

I just acquired a 24mm OKO carburetor for a steal, with a K&N filter included. Because wigs/wedges are hard to find in the States, I'm wondering if this carb will do okay with the Malossie MHR manifold, which points the carb at a sharp 45 degree angle. I have already done the modifications neccesary to my subframe. If I have to fashion my own inlet manifold, I will, but I already have these parts. :)

It's a tight fit for this carburetor to go into the manifold, but it does fit... I'm considering saving the OKO for a later project and getting a del'orto for now.

My engine is a Minarelli horizontal air cooled.

Many thanks!
~Josh

Advertisement - register to remove this

Aloha, I have used OKO as I thought it would be a direct replacement for my older Keihen as the OKO is a knockoff. I had a lot of trouble keeping it in tune. All the delorto's I have had have been plug and play and trouble-free. Using 21mm Dellorto on my LC MHR replica. frank

the problem with all OKO carbs is they tend to run very rich at low throttle openings, a quick solution to this is to use a different needle, use thicker onesa, if you can get a Keihin needle then it's much better, i have a Keihin needle installed on my OKO28 carb & it runs perfect, with the stock needle it blubbers when i open the throttle.

OKO needle is 2,43mm & Keihin needle is 2,50 or 2,51mm.

Thats funny, my oko28 runs lean at 1/8 throttle (the motor rumbles/crackels). I need go from the stock JJH to a JJE needle to correct. Too bad the US supplier is out of righer needles until August.

tiba_karotsu said:
the problem with all OKO carbs is they tend to run very rich at low throttle openings, a quick solution to this is to use a different needle, use thicker onesa, if you can get a Keihin needle then it's much better, i have a Keihin needle installed on my OKO28 carb & it runs perfect, with the stock needle it blubbers when i open the throttle.

OKO needle is 2,43mm & Keihin needle is 2,50 or 2,51mm.

even with thicker Keihin needle the clip on the groove is set at the leanest position (#1 groove), maybe you're mistaking a cackle/rumble as being lean but in fact it's very rich, what pilot jet are you using? i still use 39 with 3turns out of the airscrew.

with these settings my throttle response is crisp & instantaneous.

Back