Oil Pump Question

Mexicano

Mexicano
If using the stock oil pump (injector) which would be the oil/fuel ratio?

Is it on the safe side or it is recommended to do some kind of pre-mix anyways?

Advertisement - register to remove this

What are you talking about??????...50 ml of oil in 5 litres of fuel is 1:100 Ratio + the oil got thru the injector (50:1) ....it would be a ratio of 150:1!!!!!!! or am I wrong?

well if the oil pump does 50:1 then it does 100ml of oil to 5litres

so if you add extra 50ml of oil then you have 150ml to 5 litres

Jan Zenith Man: Wrong!!!!....to get 5 liters of mixed fuel/oil into a 1:30 ratio you most add 166 Ml of oil to the fuel......

Eoin70: Right!.....100 ml of oil in 5 litres is 1:50 mix ratio

this is an interesting read. It's a PDF file.

http://bridgestonemotorcycle.com/documents/oilpremix6.pdf

Gordon Jennings is the 2 stroke tuning guru. A. G. Bell and John Robinson have written some great books but the most covetted is the Jennings manual. It's out of print and used copies can go for over 100 and up to 200 USD.

The oil pump should run at a variable level probably delivering less than 2% (50:1) at lower RPMs and more than that at higher RPMs. I wonder what it's doing if it's being used on semi tuned bike running at 10K rather than the stock around 8k or less? I throw a dash extra in the tank just so I can smell more sweet 2 stroke smoke!

also when you have a bigger carb you have larger quantities of fuel entering so in fact i would think it will be quite less oil per volume of petrol with the bigger carb and the bigger cylinder
my tip drop the oil pump premix

Eoin70 said:
also when you have a bigger carb you have larger quantities of fuel entering so in fact i would think it will be quite less oil per volume of petrol with the bigger carb and the bigger cylinder
my tip drop the oil pump premix

I had never thought of it this way in terms of a change in carb changing the mixing ratio. But in think maybe that when it's linked with RPM that it would give a specific amount of oil for every rotation, given that it's variable with higher RPM getting more oil. Do you think that engine speed metered oil delivery would be more accurate than with fuel used? I think if I could run an oil pump that would deliver twice as much as prescribed for standard design that I would prefer that (if I wanted to keep the oil pump in on a higher tuned bike).

Back