My pipes:)

Well im about to be running a full circle crank(47mm),54mm MRP cylinder,and 21mm OKO Carb(105 main),there are lots of other stuff done to it.How much is it going to cost me to get the proper pipe sent to me?And which one is it?Im running a yamaha LY90.

yes, and there are dyno queens like most Euro want bc they put their scoots on dynos and compete that way. Their powerbands are shit. SO narrow and peaky. Who cares if its very high HP if you are only on it between 13.6 and 14.2k rpms. That would be horrible for the street and get walked by a broader powerbanded less HP scoot.

speed is the end result of hp, more hp = higher topspeed, these 2 are inseparable, think about it.

yes, and there are dyno queens like most Euro want bc they put their scoots on dynos and compete that way. Their powerbands are shit. SO narrow and peaky. Who cares if its very high HP if you are only on it between 13.6 and 14.2k rpms. That would be horrible for the street and get walked by a broader powerbanded less HP scoot.

yes, & it's called BENCH RACING. :D

100% agree! We all have our own personal tastes to how we use our scooters (and that is perfectly fine), but this part of the forum is the English-speaking part, and I think most of us that hang out on this forum section actually like to ride our scooters as much as possible. I have the utmost respect for the bench-racing guys' work and the high hp they can acheive is truly remarkable with such small engines! But those types of scooters are not good for street use. I would not want to have to get my scooter rolling like a "Flintmobile" to get it off the line, I would get laughed off the street in no time, lol.

scootertrog

so let's build a dyno:)

testbank.jpg

TrueOverrev: Sorry for the 2fast pipe, I just can't find time to have them ready.
Software: Excel:)
Petrik: There will be added annother two discs with the total mass of around 80kg, at that diameter (600mm) that should be enough inertia for 25HP

And them there was the Variomatic transmission.
The perfect match with a narrow powerband.

In theory you can race with a powerband of only 200rpm.

So your post doesn't really make sence.

If you would have said it was only a peak in the compleet dyno result then i would agree.

But a high performance 2stroke engine WITH variomatic has to run on a small powerband.

Why do dutch scooter drivers always handle the throttle like they have parkinsons disease ? Is that because their engine has only 2 running modes: 'max' and 'nothing' ?? :)

SO, yes, the variomatic takes care of your small powerband, but only at full throttle. Anything less than that and you don't have anything at all.

i dont fully agree with you john, especially for sprinting use , a good steep powercurve is attractive, this ass well as much rpm overrev. So with short gearring you wont have a lot of power loss , which means faster times. And better picking up from start. I would say, you dont stand a chance with a powerband of 200 rpm, if its only because of the fact you need to make the settings that you will be exactly in that powerband.

And that's called Fine tuning
And don't forget i said in theory ;)

Drivers whom use the "parkinson effect" need to do some more training on their starting skills.

Setting up the transmission isn't easy it takes more time setting it right then finding the right carb setup.

And when your over revving for a large amount of time the setup isn't perfect

ROOST, your pipes are excellent ! I've got a question if you could make for me an exhaust to gilera ice ac with s6 sport pro 70cm3 cylinder (midrace) and 17,5 mm carb, malossi multivar 2000, polini 2g evo, s6 wingcooler and some other parts.

what I need:
-the bigest as it is possible acceleration
-it can't turn more than 11,5-12 thousands rev/min, because I've got only oryginal crank shaft with polini evolution crank bearing

Please write me how much it will be and how much costs a parcel to Poland.

Here you have my e-mail: tomekamd@o2.pl

Back