my new carb

Everyone has to start somewhere. I am sure one day, years back, you seen a scooter and wanted to do what you could to make it faster. I have to see things for myself before I will believe it. Sometimes it is good, sometimes not. It is all about having fun and learning without breaking the bank.

having fun is all what it's about but there is a right way to do these & your approach is quite wasteful in our perspective. to a pros eyes a 28mm carb on the Corsa or a 32mm carb even on a hypertuned Evo is simply overkill. there are many reasons why it's a waste running such big carbs on those cylinders, it is like trying to explain in one sentence what we have learned from a lifetime of tuning.

we are here b'coz we don't want you repeating the same mistakes we did in the past, we want you to enjoy scootering as much as possible without the hassles & problems us pioneers had to deal with.

these days it is just easy for you to order parts with just a push of a button, back in our day we literally started with no tuning parts availability so we had to modify the stock parts in order to squeeze more speed from it & that is where the real challenge lies, make the best of what you got & it still is.

these things you merely take for granted but for us it isn't, we can't afford to throw away money by making mistake after another mistake, i spend more time planning my engine setup before i start working on modifications, i just don't buy parts & slap them in.

gather all the right parts & build it right the first time, that is my way of thinking, approach everything conservatively, changing only one thing at a time, it minimizes waste.

But I still dont understand why you dont like the fact that I have a 28mm carb running on my corsa/r.? I will post a pic of my plug. What is wrong with that?

we are here b'coz we don't want you repeating the same mistakes we did in the past, we want you to enjoy scootering as much as possible without the hassles & problems us pioneers had to deal with.

I know that very well Tiba....thanks God you are a nice helping guy to others!

Best Regards,

But I still dont understand why you dont like the fact that I have a 28mm carb running on my corsa/r.? I will post a pic of my plug. What is wrong with that?

combined total of the transfer port area is too small, your operating rpms are too low, the effective open area of your reedcage is too small & so is the cross section area of your manifold, your crankcase isn't tuned.

does this make any sense to you?

Last edited:
combined total of the transfer port area is too small, your operating rpms are too low, the effective open area of your reedcage is too small & so is the cross section area of your manifold, your crankcase isn't tuned.

does this make any sense to you?

yea I understand, but if it is working, why not leave it?

yea I understand, but if it is working, why not leave it?

it maybe working but it doesn't necessarily mean it's more efficient than the 19mm carb it replaces. you didn't run the 28mm carb for performance but for posing, you just want to show people & say "hey lookey here i got a big 28mm carb on my corsa & i bet you are jealous".

a well tuned 19-21mm carb on a corsa would be much faster & more efficient than the 28mm carb you run right now, air could only flow as much as the smallest orifice in the system allows it & your cylinder, reedvalve, pipe & crankcase isn't enough to create the demand for air the 28mm carb can supply.

now you know the reasons but you still want to run it then you have learned nothing.

It can work; 28mm on a Corsa, but will it be just as effective as a 19/21mm carb?

Ask yourself that question. We don't forbid you to use a 28/32 carb, we are only saying it's no use to have such a large carb on that setup and that you will gain better preformance by downsizing the carb.

Or you could get a full MHR setup, then you can use your 28 carb!

I am using the 28mm carb bacause I want to get an Evo on this thing next year. It will allow me to move up. Str8dum has an Evo with a 28mm carb also. Is that overkill for him?

These carbs perform well ( The TA09, drilled up to 28mm and filled up with defcon where needed ) The carb needs a little work, but still they won't perform like a PWK28 or something like that. The high-end power is almost the same, but after he's running on top the power increases more faster than a PWK28.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7259/spruitstukaf0048lj.jpg

Here a foto from my old modified TA-09, if i can find so more i will post them.

when you say high end power is almost the same which is better? TA or PWK? also you say the power increases rapidly with TA but falls short of PWK so PWK still makes more power even beyond peak hp rpm?

no it isn't, it is perfect for his setup which we can't say the same with yours.

My setup will be the same as his before too long, so why the hell would i not want to start practice tunning the 28mm carb? yea, I know, it will be different from cylinder to cylinder, but to just know your way arround the carb is a plus.

Back