My Chinese Vespa Broke Down! (Pictures)

Areomyst

Scootin' America!
Well, it's a mighty good thing I wasn't riding it when this happened! Many people will tell you to be wary of Vespa scoots coming from Asia... Vietnam specificly. This one came from China. It dropped about 2 1/2 feet, and the handle and the steering stem completely snapped off!

Anyway, I strongly urge you all not to ride one of these...

Img_0102.jpg

Img_0115.jpg

:D :D :D

~Josh

Advertisement - register to remove this

lol....... Geez, you had me for a split second before I realized what was going on.

On the same line though, many Piaggio's are going to be made in China now, it will be interesting to see how that all works out.

scootertrog

lol....... Geez, you had me for a split second before I realized what was going on.

On the same line though, many Piaggio's are going to be made in China now, it will be interesting to see how that all works out.

scootertrog

The Piaggio Fly 50 is already made in China. I've handled several of them, and so far have only found one to have any sort of problem (fuel float was leaking). Piaggio must have several reps over there to oversee things.

Kymco's Agility 50 and 125 are made in China. $1895 for a peppy 125 isn't a bad MSRP, and they've been good quality so far.

I guess time will tell, but I hope that EVERYTHING doesn't go there... seems like it sometimes.

~Josh

Josh, vespa scoots are made for small, good looking, Italian girls, not for big americaan boys like you.

I happen to think I look good on a Vespa. :p
josh.jpg

But the one in the other pictures (that broke) was a "small frame" I guess, so perhaps I just put too much weight on it. :D

~Josh

Still not an italian girl Josh :rolleyes:

grp_edr_askrr_vespa.jpg

rachel ray is very hot...and single now :)

BTW, Piaggio has been making parts in China (Taiwan) for probably 40 years now. PGO used to be a major contract manufacturer for them. Companies like PGO and Kymco have good reputations because they have quality control systems in place as a result of their contracts with major names in the past (in the case of Kymco it was Honda.) I trust stuff that comes from Piaggio, or Apple, or other major name with a good reputation that is made in China, because the QC is usually very tight.

Back