my AEROX project. any better idea's

DME3 i was sure these Aerox's cdi were restricted, thats why i have been asking somany questions, and breaking your balls :), So why have somany people said that it is restricted.

quoted for SIP." the original CDI ignition unit functions as a throttle on many scooter models. That alone is reason enough to install a tuning ignition to give your steed a chance to develop it‘s full potential."

so what do they mean by throttle?

I've been searching around a bit, and some people overhere say that their aerox CDI was indeed restricted (the 2004 model). So I guess yours can be restricted too. In that case, buy the Malossi CDI unit with RPM control! It is the same as the one without RPM control, but you can restrict it when needed.

My excuses for the misunderstanding ;)

I've been searching around a bit, and some people overhere say that their aerox CDI was indeed restricted (the 2004 model). So I guess yours can be restricted too. In that case, buy the Malossi CDI unit with RPM control! It is the same as the one without RPM control, but you can restrict it when needed.

My excuses for the misunderstanding ;)

No worrys mate :)

so its definantly part that needs to be changed, you friends are saying. did they say anything else about it?

At least that was figured out, it was making me think i was crazy and imagining things.

i will order that then.

If you want to tune the engine, it's realy needed.
If you want the Leo exhaust, you don't need it :p Leo's aren't that "high-performance" ;)

If you want to tune the engine, it's realy needed.
If you want the Leo exhaust, you don't need it :p Leo's aren't that "high-performance" ;)

This was meant for here. :)

OK thats decided too, Yas R it is!!!
What do i need to do to the Yasuni R when i get it then, what restrictors do i need to take off. do you have anything with photos,

And should i get the Malossi MHR Variator instead of the Malossi Sport Variator?

and do you think i should up my carb to a Del 17.5mm. Does it come with a automatic choke or what do you do?

I got my new c card today, so i can start to finally get these parts this week, so i need to make sure everything is sweet, befor i put the order in from overseas.

And thanks 4 telling me about the difference's between Midrace and EVO, i get it. :)

Last edited:
Litta means that those malossi parts won't add extra power on a street setup. Cheaper parts will have the same effect. Midrace are setups like stage6 racing with Yasuni C16 for example.

For street use only I would go for the following setup.

DR70 or Stage6 Sport Pro 70cc
Power One crankcase pin10 with SKF C3 bearings
Yasuni R exhaust*
Dell'orto 17,5mm* or 19mm (with the standard airfilter and malossi sponge if you like)
Standard reedcage with malossi carbon reeds
Doppler S2BR vario*
Hebo clutch

You can start with the parts marked with a *
The other parts are needed with a 70cc cilinder.

i thought the doppler vario wasn't that good.

I think the mhr vario would be better

i thought the doppler vario wasn't that good.

I think the mhr vario would be better
That all depends on the setup you are using it on. On a low reving scooter it's absolutly great! And which doppler vario it was matters too (S2BR is a good one, the others are more disappointing).

Upgrading the carb to 17,5 will do good for even your standard cilinder. Do you have a auto choke now or a manual? You can buy them with either handchoke or auto, shouldn't be a problem.

If you have to choose between the to, I would buy the sport vario. Just remind that the surface of the sport vario wears out quicker than for example the doppler, hebo, power1 vario ;)

The set up i am using wont be a low revving scooter will it. so i should go for the MHR, right?

and DME3 do you have any suggestions where and who i should buy this stuff from, i was going to use SIP what do you think.

Your setup will be low reving. Even if you buy a DR70 or Stage6 sport pro etc, it will be low reving.

SIP is good, scooterattack is too. But I don't know if all shops deliver to australia. Maybe it's cheaper for you to buy from asian shops?

so that means you say buy the sport, i know im hard headed, but what will happen if i buy the MHR, i need to know. what will it do

and it's cheaper and easyier if i buy from europe, the asian sites are mostly in asian.

The only thing that will happen if you buy the MHR, is that your wallet will be emptier :p
If I'm correct, you'll also lose your electric starter engine if you use an MHR vario.

The only thing that will happen if you buy the MHR, is that your wallet will be emptier :p
If I'm correct, you'll also lose your electric starter engine if you use an MHR vario.

Malossi say "THE NEW MHR MULTIVAR DOES NOT REQUIRE TO DO ANY MODIFICATION REPLACING THE
ORIGINAL ONE." so i guess you dont lose the starter.

DME3 can you please find out from your friends, when installing the RMP control, do you have to change any internals, wires, add anything, or just anything. OR is it 100% plug and play. and just tune the RPM on and off.

The RPM control should be plug and play. Just take of the old CDI and place the new one. The wires have colours, so it shouldn't be hard.

Sparkplug: NGk BR8HS (I suppose it's for your standard cilinder).

With the old MHR there was a ring to place instead of your starterclutch, I though that with the new one they build it so that you just had to take the starter out and place the MHR.
Anyhow, if you want to buy the MHR, no problemo :) It's just a bit expensive imo to use on a setup as yours.

Hey, you were right, you do lose the starter with the MHR, my bad :),
so why do they write shit like, " DOES NOT REQUIRE TO DO ANY MODIFICATION ". I think having to take out your electric starter is a huge modification. Thanks for saying it when you did.

2. so still use a standard spark plug, and my cylinder is standard,

when do you up a spark plug, is it only when you change a cylinder.

When you take a 70cc for example, you need a longer sparktplug. Some cilinders use short sparkplugs, others a long one.

There are many variators that work really well, you just need to get one that holds the revs constant from 0-max mph and is larger in diameter to allow the belt to climb. I would give the MHR a miss because of the starter issue, Try Polini, Kitako, Kelly and dozens of cheap Taiwan pulley to do the trick. frank

Your setup will be low reving. Even if you buy a DR70 or Stage6 sport pro etc, it will be low reving.

SIP is good, scooterattack is too. But I don't know if all shops deliver to australia. Maybe it's cheaper for you to buy from asian shops?

DME3 i am about to put an order in can you please tell me which roller size is for my variator malossi sport 517075. is it the 15x12 or 16x13
can you please tell me soon. i will wait

G'day DME3 i saw you were online and i just wanted to say g'day, and say, all the parts are on there way, so in about 10 days i should have them, i will tell you how it all went once she has arrived and all put on,
Thanks again mate for helping me, and with the order and all my questions.
no doubt i will be back asking more.
Take care

Back