MVT Ignition

pinkymingeo

I've searched old posts and can't come up with a concrete answer. Does the MVT ignition, the one that comes with flywheel, have a lighting coil? If it does, what is the output? Getting info is tough. Does MVT have a website?

Advertisement - register to remove this

the inner-rotor doesn't have light

the replacement ignition for the std ignition does have light

inner-rotor ignition has a preset ignition timing, so it isn't variable as with the HPI and MHR ignition's

performs like a selettra/polini ignition, though the flywheel is lighter than the other brands

Pinkymingeo:
You are right, tech info on ALL ignition systems sucks!, I can't find a www site for MVT also, but someone told me that MVT light coils are 20 watts (just enought to charge your battery and run your lights)

I got an MVT millenium and Digimax module and it is difficult to come out with a nice set-up, maybe I need more experience...a guy at Scooter-Attack told me I will need a Dyno to set it up properly but I will use "Trial & Error", we do not have a dyno for scooters in Mexico.

Also I got the HPI programable but I will test it later when my new engine is ready and will let you know the results.

I agree it shouldn't be this tough. They have programmables for motorcycles and ATVs that you just plug in and go. Select from a bunch of preprogrammed curves. No changes to you stock coil or lighting system. Scooters get shortchanged.

yes i think so

ive seen one looks like a completly different stator and lighter flywheel
and it has a slighty more higher rev limit but u can exceed that wit stock or the mvt one if u have the flywheel model

pinkymingeo said:
I've searched old posts and can't come up with a concrete answer. Does the MVT ignition, the one that comes with flywheel, have a lighting coil? If it does, what is the output? Getting info is tough. Does MVT have a website?

Polini has a new ignition+rotor kit with lighing kit:

http://uk.polini.www.portal.tradenet.it/pages_217.html

ACCENSIONE_ok.jpg

MVT Digital Direct inner rotor

I have a Puegeot VivaCity 70cc full race, I have recently purchased a digital Direct MVT inner rotor with lights, but I cannot seem to find the perfect timing setting for it. I have it set at 3.5 befor top dead center. The bike still gets really hot and than the power begins to decrease rapidly. Its running rich but I dont think its the right timming. Can Anyone can help or give me some extra information?

Back