Minarelli 100cc help...

DiTech pilota

aka Dragster pilota
Ciao tifosi....

I have just bought a brand new in box 2002 Scarabeo 100cc at a prize I could not say no to....

64402IT042.jpg

I know I know it's not the hottest scoot on the market but I will use it as day to day transport and since I'm a Malossi-Aprilia dealer I can use it as a shop-hack...

I have already orderd from Malossi Cylinder kit, Multivar, Delta Clutch, 25mm Dellorto, straight intake, reed block, gear set HTQ, torque driver and a RS24 rear shock, there will also be a Braking 4-pot caliper and oversize disc on the front of it and some form of wider tires.... Now my problem, since I have never tuned one of these Minarelli 100cc (also in the Aerox & Neo's 100cc) I need some pointers on exhaust, what's availble and what work?? It's not going to be a racer so I don't need 13.000rpm but it has to be a good pipe with a cool look....

DP says: Ok I'm an old(ish) man but don't wan't to ride an old man scoot ....

Advertisement - register to remove this

Is this the one with injection? or have all 2002 type's scarbeo's injection?
If it is injection, i don't think there is much availble for it. Not for 50cc i'm sure

I can't help you with the exhaust system, but just wanna say that this is cool! Keep up the good work and keep on posting pics!

power freak in da house:
Is this the one with injection? or have all 2002 type's scarbeo's injection? Not for 50cc i'm sure

Noop it's neither a DiTech nor a 50cc the motor is the air cooled Minarelli 100cc carburated motor so there might be some stuff for it since Malossi has a bunch of stuff for that motor....

DP says: Hope someone can be of help...

powerfreak in da house:
But i guess that malossi sure have some nice stuff. Just ask your danisch dealer

Malossi is easy since I'm a Swedish Malossi dealer/tuner but the rest I need...

I have surfed a bit and found out that LeoVince makes the ZX and Technigas has the RS for the 100cc Minarelli but I'd rather have somethig else...

DP says: I hope it will rock...

maybe u could use a 125cc exhaust system?
jollymoto, PMtuning for instance, or are those just for 180cc
there's enough stuff to find for 125 and 180cc, so maybe with a bit looking...

Buubdaman in da house:
maybe u could use a 125cc exhaust system?

Yes I have given that a thought and since we build quite a few MHR 172 Dragster, Runner & SR we have the Malossi Scooter Racing (a bit to expensive and loud for a daily driver) and the Arrow Racing pipe on the shelf and I'd see if it can be made to fit...

Otherwise I have found out that the Techigas RS works quite ok on stock SR125's so we'll see...

DP says: Stock pipe on my ride, hever have never will...

Ok so the problem is solved by a Danish Scarabeo tuning freak, he has a couple of them but the hottest is Black-Beo fitted with a Fabrizi Evoluzione kit on a LC Aerox motor with 13" wheels around and Paioli Super Fork, I'll ask him to post some pix of it here...

The news is good... All Minarelli 100cc can be fitted with a minarelli 50cc exhaust and since the only cylinder kits for the 100cc is Sport type low reving 110cc kits it can work... I have also been in contact with one of our suplyers of 125-180-172cc Runner, Dragster and SR pipes, Dig also have a pipe that will fit a 110cc tuned Minarelli and it looks deal cool and the thier pipes work real good so I'll give it a try...

100.jpg

DP says: So easy to find info if you have the right connections...

Wat wel koel is aan dit ding, zijn de velgen..ipv die lelijke "gaten" die je hebt aan de "binnekant' van je wiel, hebben ze er plastic plaatjes tegenaangeschroeft...

Back