Midrace - Racing Setup (Beta Ark LC)

Bad news. Looks like i've had a piston seizure caused by the broken reed petal left in the engine case, cylinder or something like that. Oh well, i'll have to change to the MHR then. So, keep the C16?

I used a polini evo piston, in my old Firefox. I Also had 10mm.
Big difference between malossi and polini pistons is that the evo piston spring is harder than a mhr spring.
Example.

In my Firefox with original evo cilinder & piston. I drove 7000km with good compression.
With the mhr piston in the evo cilinder I lost compression after 2000km.
After a while I changed the cilinder 2 a normal mhr cilinder..
Compression was lost after 1500km.
After changing the pistonrings 2 a polini evo pistonring, I drove more than 3000 km with them..

Firefox setup was.

Polini evo 1 lc cilinder, later mhr lc cilinder
Mhr exhaust.
21mm dellorto
Malossi overrange kit.
Malossi mhr deltaclutch.
Mhr multivar.

I used the scooter as a daily driver..
Hey Martini, i went to buy a 10mm piston for my Mhr cylinder at a local shop, but they only have Athena pistons. I compared it to the original MHR and it is quite different, shorter, flat at the top, and the openings are a different shape. Which one should i buy? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
I'll see what the local shops have. If i dont find a piston for the MHR should i buy a Stage6 Racing? It's the cheapest solution. Also, how does the power compare to the MHR?

Update: I found the Polini Evo 3 kit at a good price so i bought it. What do you think? What is it's performance compared to? Piston life? Is the C16 good for it?
Thanks!

Back