mhr team replica??

almendruko

hi for all:
i am going to buy a gilera runner and i want to "prepare" the engine a lot. i have been thinking about taking a mhr team replica, yasuni c21, tm24, malossi overange and so on. and i want you to give me your opinion about it. do you thung its better to get the mhr team 2?? if i get the mhr team replica i will tuned a little bit
thanks and bye

Advertisement - register to remove this

I would choose the Ts2 because after a while you will get boored of your Replica.
And the Ts2 got alot of tuning potential. A tuned Replica is also very good but like i said at a point you want more power. That's my opinion.

Last edited:
The Team Replica is a fast cylinder, but not comparable with the Team2.
The Team-R can be used on a 80mm rod, where you need an 85 mm rod for the Team2. Think about the cost.

Also I would take an Team Exhaust, instead of the C21. On piaggio the better choice.

the price isn't a problem because the team 2 will cost me 220 euros or something like that, i also thought on take the team replica because i usually do 30 km every day but i will take care with the oil, an other "radiador" ( i don't know how to say it in english) and i think i will do that 30 km at a speed of 70 80 kmh so i think the cylinder won't suffer much. what do you think about it??
about the exhaust, i have thought on c21 because the price it has, my friend will take me a new one for less thant 200 euros or i've also thought the r1200 or the r1400 which will cost me 170 and 240 each one
thanks for your answers

the price isn't a problem because the team 2 will cost me 220 euros or something like that, i also thought on take the team replica because i usually do 30 km every day but i will take care with the oil, an other "radiador" ( i don't know how to say it in english) and i think i will do that 30 km at a speed of 70 80 kmh so i think the cylinder won't suffer much. what do you think about it??
about the exhaust, i have thought on c21 because the price it has, my friend will take me a new one for less thant 200 euros or i've also thought the r1200 or the r1400 which will cost me 170 and 240 each one
thanks for your answers

Hmm, these cylinders aren't suited to do 30km each day. Would go for a fast Iron cast setup instead.

But if money doesn't make a difference and you want the fast race setup to drive 30km with each day, take the Speed2.

thanks for your answer.
i think that the cylinder won't suffer much, i will take care, i usually do 15 km and then after 3 hours another 15 km, because of that i thouth in a exhaust like r1200 which does not have much rpms, but i don't know wath i will finally do because i enjoy with an 70 fast cylinder like all.
thanks!

i think a team 2 with a good maintenance will work fine or a 30 km daily use... just prepared a friends bike (team2) and he uses it daily.... its running good although its a bit crazy to drive full race on street.. always breaking belts and so on.
almendruko, where r u from?

thanks for your answer.
i think that the cylinder won't suffer much, i will take care, i usually do 15 km and then after 3 hours another 15 km, because of that i thouth in a exhaust like r1200 which does not have much rpms, but i don't know wath i will finally do because i enjoy with an 70 fast cylinder like all.
thanks!

It's possible, but it's gonna cost, oil, gas, etc.

Good oil doesn't come cheap, it would be more 'economic' to drive a 70cc street setup.

I agree that a full race setup is more fun to drive :D

ok, i will take a street setup but i thought a fast one because is my last year with 50s ( i will take a car next year) i would like to be the fastest of my village xd.

ok, i will take a street setup but i thought a fast one because is my last year with 50s ( i will take a car next year) i would like to be the fastest of my village xd.

Do whatever you like, I'm not telling you not to.
Only keep in mind that it's gonna cost you and if you going to put it away, why spend a fortune first?

Aloha, you can make a nice powerful 16-17 Midrace setup that is dependable and will run "forever" without rebuild. But if you want the maximum and want 23.6 hp instead of 22.39 hp, then you are into a whole new area that requires lots more money and lots more preparation. I am satisfied with having fast 17 hp. I also have 42,000 Kilometers on my scooter and run the shit out of it. frank

Aloha, you can make a nice powerful 16-17 Midrace setup that is dependable and will run "forever" without rebuild. But if you want the maximum and want 23.6 hp instead of 22.39 hp, then you are into a whole new area that requires lots more money and lots more preparation. I am satisfied with having fast 17 hp. I also have 42,000 Kilometers on my scooter and run the shit out of it. frank
what is your setup??

Setup is not cutting edge but very dependable. Will hit 130+kph on good conditions and easy 110kph anytime. +- 10kph speedo error.

Aprilia SR rear disc engine Liquid Cool
Mini-stroke full circle 42mm crank
Malossi MHR Replica, stock porting
Rear facing intake
21 OKO
Custom under seat in-helmet holder airbox
Malossi overrange rear pulley
Aerox 100cc clutch
Kitako Variator, FRC ramp
Yasuni 16
Tuned carters
Taiwan large reed block with 2 stage reeds
145/70-12 rear tire
Metrakit Gear-up
Power at 10,000 rpm

I also use a tuned Malossi Replica that I switch out when I want a change, which gives more power at higher RPM, but for around town and daily driving the stock Malossi Replica cylinder gives smoother perfromance.

Back