mhr rep *Tuning*

ok 202.05 then is this still to high? also im running 9 -2gram rollers=18gram and it flat spots pretty bad why is this, isit the cylinder all wrong or rollers just too heavy? Also sometimes on take off its F**KING flies.

ok 202.05 then is this still to high? also im running 9 -2gram rollers=18gram and it flat spots pretty bad why is this, isit the cylinder all wrong or rollers just too heavy? Also sometimes on take off its F**KING flies.

are you shure in your matematicks ?22 mm on exaust heights givs 180° duration

with 21 mm ex heights is 186° whitout deck heights........and total of 18 g in variator is to small,try aruond 24 -26 g total

is 180-186 duration alright for this team 2 pipe, off the line is goes like stink but the belt slips, as i said above it flat spots but im not sure whether it gets any faster. Ive got to get the mixture setup and also fit a blue polini rear pulley spring other than the standard.

is 180-186 duration alright for this team 2 pipe, off the line is goes like stink but the belt slips, as i said above it flat spots but im not sure whether it gets any faster. Ive got to get the mixture setup and also fit a blue polini rear pulley spring other than the standard.

for Team 06 pipe you should be running 190-194 exhaust & 128-130 transfer port timings.

With an angled handpiece, you must raise those transfers now, otherwise your cylinder will be wasted.

Post some pix of your progress :)

what itll break!!!?? SHIT

EDIT:
hang on!!!! i thought u said if i raise the ports a lil (1mm or less i did) itll run ok if i left the transfers? Ive sorted the flat spot problem, i didnt put the washer in the variator and not it goes like shit off a shovel and runs great!

But why rasie the transfers and do i make them ALL equal height?

Yes if you only raised the exhaustports by 1mm it's doable, but since you where talking about raising it to 194. If you did that, you need to raise the transfers to make it work.

But I think you should try to adjust it properly first, before starting tuning the cylinder. Right now you will reach more power from adjusting then tuning the cylinder. A unadjusted tuned cylinder is even more shit.

yer i focusing on my setup so far i really! really! need to quiet it down a bit, the performance is unbeleiveable though im soooo happy, ill get a video of it front wheel occasionally lifts a couple of inches and a slight tugg and it pops up :D:D:D:D, think ill leave the cylinder for the time being and adjust the rollers and jetting. Any tips for makign it quiet? exhaust wrap, gasket, special ways of filling the can? Going back toa modified air box rather than air filter.
THANKS!!!!

Aloha, I make my air intake very quiet by putting an airbox inside the helmet box. Running PVT elbow from the carb bell into the helmet box with a slip joint to allow the motor to move. Then putting an air scoop in front of the helmet box to nicely feed air into it.

frank

gana go back to my standard airbox and save myself a bit of fuel and noise! Had it running pretty much spot on today ive raised the middle EX port 1mm and left the aux and all other ports alone. Sometimes the front wheel comes up a inch or so on accelration and i had 115kph out of it today on the clock

RIght going to have a go porting it fully, buying a adjustable handpeice and all, can someone give me measurements of 190-194 EX port timing and 128-130 port timing in mm's. Ive gone back to my standard air box and need to jet it correctly tomorrow. Havn't lost power but i need to get the rollers right as they need to be very light

Found it again, read it all up, tomorrow is the day. Got one question the exhaust port had aux ports, which are obviously seperated can i bring these back a bit in length and let them merge with the main exhaust port sooner?

Will post work pics

Started today, results arnt the best as yet.

I matched the exhaust to the pipe header, raise the main and aux ports to the same heights @ 21mm. I raised the transfers a tiny bit and they are @ 30-31mm if i remmeber correctly.

What port is directly oppisite the exhaust port these are slightly higher.

I put the cylinder back on, first few revs WOAHH it was idling VERY high so i then turned the idle down tuned the mixture screw and its gone from 2 1/2 turns out to 1/2 turn out. Pull away lags for a few seconds, doesnt accelerate as quick from what i can feel and the top speed it the same. Any ideas...

UPDATE:
Checked my cylinder think morning the transfers are opening when they should and all the same. I noticed that one of the engine head bolts has come loose and there is a dirty colour on the cylinder head where this has happened, appears water has come into the cylinder and another reason why ive lost compression. Also coolant pipe is leaking which i doubt it helping. Quickly ran hte bike without water and its very fast. New gasket set on the way.

Last edited:
Back