?????mhr crank bearing end play ???????

manny

Hi all I'm new here . About 700 kilometers ago on my US model 2003 yamaha zuma (horizontal minareli motor)I installed malossi mhr crank bearings with polini evo crank and evo AC 70cc top end 19mm arreche carb (I know its garbage) I just installed a polini inner rotor ignition , polini 9 weight variator and speed drive. when I was installing the variator I noticed I have end play were I can push in on the shaft were the variator goes and you can feel the stator pushing out on the other side ( the crankshaft has axial movement but nothing up and down)the motor runs fine and there is no noticable vibration but i just happened to push in on the shaft hard and noticed the end play its not up and down just in and out I dont see how this is possible when the bearing is press fit on the left case unless the bearing went bad or the case got damaged The part that sucks is I cant remeber if I checked for endplay but probably didnt cause the manual doesnt show any specs on endplay. I checked a stock motor and it doesnt have any end play. Somebody on another forum who realy sounds like he has been in the game a long time said its the way the mhr bearings are made for hi rpms . Anyone else have any input on this .

Advertisement - register to remove this

If you didn't have any play then when they get hot the bearings would seize up and self destruct. You should have measured the end float of the bearings before you assembled the engine, then if you ever get more movement you'll know it's wear. Up and down movement and it's time to sling them over the garden wall.

your right but I cant remember checking endplay I like to drink alot in the summer time ( not good when building motors ) LOL

Back