malossi radiators and piaggio zip sp

Eight_Ball

Hi guys :)

I´m ordering parts for my project, need to know which radiator should i order. I think there are 2 or 3 different malossi radiators, but which one is the best fit? I mean, which one bolts directly whitout modifications?

Advertisement - register to remove this

:) :) Thanks guys!

the problem was that when i was on malossi´s site, i chose piaggio, zip sp, then they show me 6 different radiators, 2 are for zips, and a plain MHR rad. Couldn´t understand that if only 1 fits my bike they´d show 5 more rads..

Eight_Ball said:
:) :) Thanks guys!

the problem was that when i was on malossi´s site, i chose piaggio, zip sp, then they show me 6 different radiators, 2 are for zips, and a plain MHR rad. Couldn´t understand that if only 1 fits my bike they´d show 5 more rads..
Check out art. no. 7111862 on the malossi site...It's the radiator for the Zip SP.... :)

Browni said:
I use kart radiator on my ZIP, bigger and cheaper :)

Does it fit easily, or do you have to mod the front plastic/do lots of mods to fit it?

I´d like not to mod the front, i like to keep bike´s shape as stock. But i don´t mind drilling some holes. Thats why i tought about the malossi zip rad.

Eight_Ball said:
Does it fit easily, or do you have to mod the front plastic/do lots of mods to fit it?

I´d like not to mod the front, i like to keep bike´s shape as stock. But i don´t mind drilling some holes. Thats why i tought about the malossi zip rad.

No it won't fit, I don't use plastic! You can choose the Malossi if you want a nice look too!

Browni said:
No it won't fit, I don't use plastic! You can choose the Malossi if you want a nice look too!

If it were a full track-racer bike i wouldn´t mind the front plastic, but i want it mainly for street racing, and maybe some track hours. I was told to use a 125 runner rad too, but it won´t fit nicely as i want, so i´ll have to stick with the malossi rad :(

It won´t be a everyday bike, and it won´t be a racing bike, but i want to build a serious racing engine for it. Something like Mexicano´s "shaved lion". I plan to use a kart airbox and a rev-limiter so i can keep noise levels low when needed. I´d like to keep lights too so i can drive home at nights, i plan to use the new coming metrakit ignition which seems to be what i want, a true racing ignition with a battery charger.

Eight_Ball said:
If it were a full track-racer bike i wouldn´t mind the front plastic, but i want it mainly for street racing, and maybe some track hours. I was told to use a 125 runner rad too, but it won´t fit nicely as i want, so i´ll have to stick with the malossi rad :(

It won´t be a everyday bike, and it won´t be a racing bike, but i want to build a serious racing engine for it. Something like Mexicano´s "shaved lion". I plan to use a kart airbox and a rev-limiter so i can keep noise levels low when needed. I´d like to keep lights too so i can drive home at nights, i plan to use the new coming metrakit ignition which seems to be what i want, a true racing ignition with a battery charger.
just add another radiator under the floorboard.

rydah said:
just add another radiator under the floorboard.

Or just buy the 990 euro Crtistofolini ZIP radiator :)

foto-237.jpg

foto-238.jpg

WOW what a Radiator !!
What kind of surface area does it have, close to 0.5m squared maybe ??

990 who is going to be crazy enough to buy that

Back