malaguti firefox problem

sidecarphil

Hey guys and galls

I am an english man living in Holland

I have a Magaiguti Firefox from 2006 and it is slow as c*%p

I rebuilt it using a Power1 crank , new bearings and a cylinder kit , it has a Giannelli chrome exhaust , a 68 jet in the carb , a Polini speed vario and new belt with 4.9g rollers , yellow main spring and clutch springs from the Polini vario kit

but still the thing doesn't rev over 4500rpm and my top speed is 70kph , i am told that these can ride as fast as 90kph ???

what is wrong with my scooter , i tried smaller rollers but it just gets slower and no more revs,

i changed the jet to a 70 and a 72 but it just boggs down like it is flooding , i am told the card is a sh%# one but i dont know what make it is on there

Please help as i am loosing my mind with this scooter , i really like it but it is doing my head in now

cheeRS Phil

Advertisement - register to remove this

Check the sparkplugs colour to see if your cobustion is +- good. If you dont know how, dont be afraid to ask

If its ok, just go a little lower in your rollerweight? Try 4grams to see if it helps. What kind of cylinder are we talking about, 50cc 70cc, what brand/type..

Did you get a different "other half" with that vario (sorry dont know what its called.. the thing with the cooling blades on it).

edit: this http://www.tj-tuning.nl/forum/mathieu/P1010139.jpg

Hey lodewijk

I spoke with a friend tonight who works for a sccoter shop and he confermed my fears , it is the cheap cylinder kit (49cc) that i bought , the Exhaust port is lower then the original , this is limiting the limiting the power

I am going to order a Polini 50cc kit tomorrow for it with a 17.5mm Delorto carb and see how that goes

Thanks for your help

Even the cheapest replacing cylinder should still get 70 or 80km/h and take off at a reasonable speed. Its just a matter of re-setting the parts in your scooter to the new cylinder..

Kind of a waste to spend money on a new cylinder just to find you need to adjust the carb and rollers and springs to that cylinder just as well as you have to do to this one

Well i bit the bullet

We ordered a Stage6 70cc Alloy kit and a 17.5mm carb

After a good runnng in and a new jet (100) new plug and it does 10,000rpm and even at half throttle it pulls like a train 8)8)8)

I am a happy man now :)

think i will try heavier rollers and see what happens then , but i will wait a week or so before then make sure it is run in propperly and set the carb up a little bit more

What rollers do you recommend for a Stage6 70cc kit ??

I have the Speed Vario from Polini with 4.9g rollers

the revs are about 9,000 at normal speeds rising to 10,000 on full speed

I have a top speed of 85kph but think it can go more with heavier rollers

cheeRS Phil

Back