Jet Drilling Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoin70

at this stage im sick of buying mainjets for various carbs
does any one know where i can get a jet drilling kit from?
i have seen one that looked like a bunch of Allen Keys and all you needed to do was grind out the jet by hand with the correct sized rod from the kit

Anyway if you know any of the places please post them here !!

Advertisement - register to remove this

the kit i saw before had each bit labelled with the correct size on the dellorto type scale
i already have so many jets , but im always needing different sizes
does that kit have the bits labelled?

Last edited:
eoin ask a local weber carburators dealer if they still have those jet drilling bits, long ago they sell those locally & i saw a few of them being used by import car tuners when sidedraft carbs were the rage back then.

i can't find those anymore but i managed to find a good replacement, it's a set of very fine drill bits from 0,32mm to 0,97mm which's perfect for drilling jets for small carbs, i have a different set for bigger carbs where bit size range from 1,00mm to 5,50mm. i'll show a pic of my jet drilling bits later.

You need two tools, the one Melf posted a pic from, and the other tool is the one you saw, that red thing with numbers, i´d call it a jet feeler gauge, cose i don´t know its name, i´d call it "galgas" in my languaje.

you pick lets say a 70 main jet, and you want it to be a 120 main jet. With your digital caliper you measure one of the bits till you find the right one. You´d want the bit wich measures 1,2mm or the closer one.

Then you slowly drill the jet, two or three turns of the bit, then check the hole with the gauge, two more turns, check with the gauge. I´ll take you 2 jets to get used, then its easy as hell

Eoin:

I buy my drills from www.houseofhobbies.com in U.S.A., they sent me the drills by regular post mail, they charged me just $3.50 Usd. for shipping.

You can get drills from #76 (jet 50) to #43 (jet 225)

Every pack contains two drill bits at $1.98 Usd. and $2.29Usd. the smallest, take a look...

I can send you a chart so you know drill bit sizes vs. jet sizes.

Regards,

Mexicano said:
all of them Rydah...jets are jets.....
diff carbs take diff jets. mikuni jets and keihin and dellorto jets use diff numbers dont they. 138 main in a keihin is not the same in a mikuni or dellorto right. correct me if i am wrong.

mikuni numbers their jets differently (only the hex type ones) but the round jets are numbered the same as those like keihin & dell'orto, even weber carbs. a 138 for a keihin is the same for a 138 dell'orto jet but a mikuni 220 hex jet is different from a 220 keihin jet.

tiba_karotsu said:
mikuni numbers their jets differently (only the hex type ones) but the round jets are numbered the same as those like keihin & dell'orto, even weber carbs. a 138 for a keihin is the same for a 138 dell'orto jet but a mikuni 220 hex jet is different from a 220 keihin jet.

Hey tiba, where can i get mikuni hex jets? Seems can´t find them anywhere for an old mikuni

Eight_Ball said:
Hey tiba, where can i get mikuni hex jets? Seems can´t find them anywhere for an old mikuni

are from the same country as i am? :D

my uncle's motorcycle shop has a lot of mikuni hex type jets only the jet size is very limited but i can drill you the size you want or just the closest to the one you want.

i´m spanish Tiba. Need something like 95-100-105-110 jets. If they can be drilled with the tool i use to drill dellorto jets, then you don´t need to drill them, don´t want to steal your time. Gonna pm you

btw send me a pic of the jet you have on the VM26 b'coz i have browsed on some old mikuni carb catalog & they actually had 2 types of hex jet, one is a very short hex jet as used on some mikuni carbs & the other is just a bit longer much like the jets used commonly on TM & VM carbs.

I think its the short one, i think i know what you say about the longer hex jets. The hex head is like 4mm tall. I´ll get a pic when i go home for lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back