japanese spec Yamaha jog?

vancity135

hello everyone, first time posting but long time scooter fan, my previous scoot was a Yamaha BWS 100 with 135cc kit and all power adders. was fun, but heavy.

I have the chance to buy a third gen Yamaha jog imported from Japan, there are several different models to chose from, one is a "sports edition" another has the letter Z on it, both have front disc brake, rear drum. another one has the sports edition decals on it but also has BREMBO dual piston caliper on the front brakes.

my question is, what are the differences between models? im assuming the motors are all the same, the front shocks look the same, rear shock looks the same.

my intentions are to convert it to LC, any info on the differences between all the models would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

so i ended up buying the 89 Yamaha JOG Sports Edition with the brembo dual piston front disc brake, the brake master cylinder needs replacing or a rebuild (do they sell rebuild kits ?).
a few questions...
-what are the best tires for spirited driving?
-replacing rear shock with gas filled unit?
-any recommendations on reliable Liquid cooled setups?

Thanks.

ML50 by michellin have been promoted as very reliable and good tires in the Dutch section of the forum.

You can replace the rear shockabsorber with another one, with oil or gas to your taste, just don't make it higher than it is now. Adding a little is okay, but more then just a hand full of centimeters looks stupid and will have a strong negative influence on your driving experience.

Don't change to LC. AC is fine if you are not a high end racer, requires virtually no maintenance and works in traffic jams aswell

Back