Install Gemini Alarm Tweet RS

Beansidhe

Hi,

I am planning to install a Gemini 953 alarm with a universal cabletree kitca417 on my Tweet RS. I hoped the alarm would come with clear instructions but no, I did find basic instructions online but this still leaves gaps I want to have a clear idea what needs to be done before I start.

has anyone experience installing Gemini alarm on a tweet, speedfight, etc?,

Bren

Advertisement - register to remove this

Yeah I had a look through it, it helped but as I never built a alarm in before I'm still not sure what cables I need to disconnect, etc.
My understanding of the diagram attached,

I add the brown and red cables to the battery connections
I add the two orange cables to the indicators connection
and I replace the cable on the key switch with the yellow cable and replace the immobilizer N.C, O,C and Com cables with Grey, Grey/white and White cables

did I get this right or am i away off :yum:

Capture.PNG Capture22.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi Bren,

i don't know you mean by
and I replace the cable on the key switch with the yellow cable

At the elektrical diagram i am looking at of the Tweet, i see a red wire arriving at the ignitionswitch comming from the battery and a black wire, witch is the switched battery current.
This black lead provides all the DC stuff, on your scooter, with power.
In my opinion, i did not read the instructionmanual of the alarm in full, the yellow cable must not replace the black one but must be joined with it.

Hi Bren,

i don't know you mean by

At the elektrical diagram i am looking at of the Tweet, i see a red wire arriving at the ignitionswitch comming from the battery and a black wire, witch is the switched battery current.
This black lead provides all the DC stuff, on your scooter, with power.
In my opinion, i did not read the instructionmanual of the alarm in full, the yellow cable must not replace the black one but must be joined with it.

Hi thanks for the advice,

indeed there are black and red wires coming from the switch (photo attached) thanks for clarifying .

I attached the manual I am using so there is better understanding, I guess I need to on P21 do some of step 20 only connecting the red and brown to the battery and the orange 2x to the indicators
Then on P23 step 22 cut the black wire on the ignition switch and insert the grey and white.
The white-grey and white-violet wires i don't need.

This should get the alarm working, right? :grimacing:

bren

Attachments

• 20170816_201001.jpg
    20170816_201001.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 953N_USER & INSTALLER_REV.01_U-I_UK.pdf
    504.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi Bren,

i am not sure about that last step because your connector differs from the elektrical diagram i am looking at.

My diagram only shows one black and one red wire.
At your connector i see one black wire which is tight together with that red one, one separte black wire and a green one.
So to be shure you take the correct wire it is maybe safer to cut the red wire on the ignition switch and insert the grey and white wires in there.

It doesn't matter if you break that elektrical circuit before or after the ignition switch, th result will be the same.

An other solution is as follows and maybe a safer way to prevent your scooter from starting.
That way your scooter is protected from starting by the ignition switch and your alarm prevents the pickup signal to travel to the cdi.

Apperently, according my elektrical diagram, there is a circuit breaker in your storage compartment.
On that cirquit breaker arrive two yellow/blue wires, cut one of them and ty in the grey and white wires of your alarm.

Hi,

I had a look at the connector and there is 1x red and 1x black coming from battery side and 5x wires coming from the ignition switch only the red and black wires are connected and I'm not sure what other wires(2x green, 1x black-white) are for but on this scooter type I think they are not needed.

In the photo attached you can see how i inserted the alarm onto the red wire to test the setup, alarm is getting power from the battery and arms ok but when disarmed will not allow power to the ignition switch.

Capture 2 photo is the setup I tried with no success.
Capture photos 3+1 are the wires available on the alarm, I wonder if the alarm is getting current from the red wire and is waiting for another current via another wire before allowing power to the circuit?

any ideas?

Bren

Attachments

• 20170820_185136_HDR.jpg
    20170820_185136_HDR.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    18.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    21.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 4
Hi Bren,

I don't understand why it is not working that way???

Maybe you could check if the contact in the alarm is switching and you have continuety between the white and grey wire when the alarm is disarmed and no continuity when the alarm is armed.

By the way,
the green and black/white wires, you claim that they are not used in you scooter model, are normally used in other type scooters to shut down the scooter and prevent it from starting.

The green wire is ground (minus pole of the battery), the black wire goes then to the CDI .
Internally in the CDI that black/white wire is, via a diode, connected with the pickup coil input.
That way the signal of the pickup coil is grounded when the ignition switch is in the "OFF" position.

In fact that is that other methode of preventing the scooter from starting on page 22 of the installation manual.

When the white and grey wires are switching as discribed above and it is still not working, you could have a look at the methode of preventing the pickup coil signal travelling to the CDI a discribed in my former post #6.

Or have a look at the green and black/white wire of your scooter and check if they maybe connected as discribed above.
Maybe i am looking at the wrong elektrical diagram of an other model year and the way discribed on page 22 of your installation manual is the appropriate way.

Last edited:
Hi Sparky,

I tried inserting the grey and white wires from the alarm between the CDI connection and yellow/blue wire as in post 6, but that made no difference same problem as before

So i checked the continuity as suggested and with the alarm connected to the battery and disarmed there is no signal going though grey to white wires via the alarm, I did how ever get a signal white to white/grey but that did change with the alarm armed.

So if there is no continuity signal on white to grey wire circuit with the alarm disarmed is it safe to assume the alarm is defect?

Bren

Beansidhe said:
I did how ever get a signal white to white/grey but that did change with the alarm armed.

Hi Bren,

i don't know what you mean with the quoted text above???

Do you have continuity between the white-grey and the white wire when the alarm is armed and no continuity between those two wires when the alarm is disarmed?

Hi,

Sorry maybe I was not clear,

There is no continuity between white and grey with alarm armed or disarmed.
And there is continuity between white and white/grey with alarm armed and also disarmed.

I assume the alarm is defect and plan to return to the shop or is there other options?

Thanks for the help BTW.

Bren

Back