I can't seem to figure out what's leaking. (pic)

InvaderMat

I bought this Chinese 2 stroke Roketa scooter online brand new. It's almost at 300 miles and it's already giving me a few problems. The gas and oil seem to be mixing into each other's tank a bit somehow and I can't figure out how it's happening.

The main issue however is that it keeps leaking! The fuel filters were on backwards (brilliant) so I flipped em around. One was leaky, so I replaced it. One hose had a kink due to length so I replaced it. The big pipe that leads to the air filter was super loose so I tightened the screw and the leak almost stopped.

Instead, I realized it seems the oil/petrol is leaking directly through the pipe now, and into the air filter and out of the casing. So I took off the cover and sure enough, I'm right. That big black pipe to the left of the air filter. I have no idea where the bleeblah this leak is coming from or how to fix it.

My life is one long facepalm. lol... Please help?

10270232_10152359429583529_769812383_n.jpg 10261699_10152359429588529_1686340097_n.jpg

Advertisement - register to remove this

It seems to be blowback from the carburator. I think the vacuum isn't right. A little blowback is normal, but in your case it's excessive. You can check if the membrane valves are still right and not passing through air. The should be a tightly fitted to the membrane, like this:

membraam_kleppen.jpg

The valves shouldn't open to easily. If the membrane valves are ok and no leaks are detected that screw up the vacuum, then it could be a really rich mixture.

Also the installation angle seems very little (negative) on the pictures, but I think that is just perspective. For a good operation the carburator needs to be leveled or mounted up to a maximum 40 degrees in angle.

Thanks. I'm just going to contact the company Monday and see if there is some way I can have it looked at while the warranty is still active. This bike needs to last me a year to make it through school.

I think thats the best solution. The problems that you have are not normal for a brand new scooter, even if it's chinese you should have expect to operate it without problems. These things you have experienced are just ridiculous and give scooters a bad name. It annoys me that this crap is being made and sold to people :(

Back