Hyosung Rally

JustSumDad

Hello from Vancouver island Canada :)

I am a new owner of what I believe is a Hyosung Prima Rally SF50R
The registration papers only say 2006 Hyosung Prima so I have had to research it as best I could.

I am very new to the 50cc scooter size, I have a Burgman 650 but that hardly counts as a scooter as I am sure you guys know :)
I understand that Hyosung used two versions of motor?
How can I tell if I have a minarelli or motorino version?
I am not planning on high perfing it, just makeing it a good runner, fixing the little issues so my wife and daughters can use it as a town run about.

I consider myself very mechanically inclined but the little scoots are a bit different than a motorcycle so I have some learning to do :)

Took me near half an hour to find the battery and I have yet to work out how to change the headlight bulb :)

Is changing these up to LED lights to relieve electrical load a decent idea? LED bulbs are so cheap now days...
I read somewhere that these have a speed/power restriction somewhere some how. Anyone know about that?

Thank you in advance!!

Advertisement - register to remove this

Can you make a photo of your engine, so we could determine which engine is used for your type of scooter.
I will do that soon, I have to figure out how get the body work off and out the way first, only had it in my toy shop for a day now and have not had much time to look it over.

Thanx

By the way, I am now thinking this is an SF50B as it seems like a cross between the Hyosung Prima SF50 and the Rally SF50R
Hyosung SF50B / NEW PRIMA

Thinking there are not a lot of differences really :)
One-piece exhaust and single headlight with instrument pod, one thing about these Chinese/Korean scoots, identification seem to be a bitch...

Last edited:
The manifolt and flange of the carburator looks more the same like on the morini engine.. Minarelli is in that way different..
I cant say it for sure, but iam guessing is a morini engine clone of some kind.

The manifolt and flange of the carburator looks more the same like on the morini engine.. Minarelli is in that way different..
I cant say it for sure, but iam guessing is a morini engine clone of some kind.
Thanx for your reply there eurokit :)
The differences seem to be subtle...
I have been looking at these two links as my best leads so far:
and

But neither seem to apply, it looks close to the minarelli but my starter motor is under the engine not on top :(

Hello some one Who can tell me exactly how to unrectrict The cdi box on my hyasoung rally 2004. Hits The rev limiter all Day long!

Have NO solid blue cable in to The cdi box. Which cable should i cut or what is The trix?

Back