Hyosung rally help!!! Rev limiter/ restrictor cdi

Kalle

Hello can someone help me find how i can get away from de problem with rev limiter/ unrestrict my cdi on hyasoung rally 2004.

Have read a lot of cutting a solid blue cable near The cdi box but cant find this on my bike.

IF someone have picture or can tell me exactly how to do it Will be my Day of life!

Best reguards

Kalle

Advertisement - register to remove this

Hi Kalle,

not every CDI has such a wire.
There are CDIs that regulate purely by limiting the RPM of the engine, other CDIs regulate by measuring the speed of your rear wheel through a sensor at your clutch bell.
So you only have such a wire if you have a CDI of the kind, with a clutch bell sensor.
So I would check behind the crankcase cover if there is a sensor or take a detailed photo of the cdi connector where the position of the wires in the connector and the colors of these wires are clearly visible and post it here.
Then I can probably tell from the wire colors whether your scooter actually has a sensor or not.

Thx i send some pictures. The black cable is placed on ground in chassi on The bike.

Super happy IF you can help me with this problem!

// kalle
Post automatically merged:

Is The clutch Bell sensor placed near to The clutches? IF I pick a part The clutch cover should i be able to se this sensor then?

Attachments

• IMG_20220717_142102.jpg
    IMG_20220717_142102.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220717_142108.jpg
    IMG_20220717_142108.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi Kalle,

If I look at the picture, your scooter does not have a sensor.
So your scooter is limited on RPM.
In this case, you could mount an unlimited AC-CDI.

I assume all other restrictions have been removed?

Ok so thats The only way to go and change out The cdi? On what model is it Possible to just cut the blue cable?

Carburetor restrictor removed

And clutch schims is removed.

Just bought a tecnious exhaust and The scooter feels dead on low rpm.

Any tips on what i can do?

Back