HPI O3 Problems

Eoin70

with my hpi 03 ignition im having some problems
when my spark plug gap is at 0,6mm the enigne will not go correctly and backfires etc and only allows me to go about 15mph

my timing is set at 8mm before TDC which i was told was what it needed becuase the guy tested it on thye dyno who had it before me

when my spark plug gap is at 0,45mm the engine runs excellent almost perfect

my question is should my ignition be able to drive the spark plug at 0,6mm gap and does my timing at 8mm effect the spark itself

also i think that my spark even looks very weak at 0,45mm when i loook at the spark

my squish is set at 0,6mm maybe this also effects the plug gap

Advertisement - register to remove this

Eoin70 said:
with my hpi 03 ignition im having some problems
when my spark plug gap is at 0,6mm the enigne will not go correctly and backfires etc and only allows me to go about 15mph

my timing is set at 8mm before TDC which i was told was what it needed becuase the guy tested it on thye dyno who had it before me

when my spark plug gap is at 0,45mm the engine runs excellent almost perfect

my question is should my ignition be able to drive the spark plug at 0,6mm gap and does my timing at 8mm effect the spark itself

also i think that my spark even looks very weak at 0,45mm when i loook at the spark

my squish is set at 0,6mm maybe this also effects the plug gap
you need different jetting!!!we went over this on msn messenger!!! ur ignition sounds very very retarded( i think)

Please correct me if i am wrong, but isnt 8mm a fair way back? Oh and jetting wouldent be the problem....Not if its run perfectly before..

Eoin70 said:
no offence but id never take advice from you
lol would u like to take another look at your crankcase and see then take a look at mine!!!!exact same!!!! u not taking advice from me is why your card isnt tuned in and y your bike is running like trash....

advice yes but not from you :)

how do you know what my engine runs like your in bermuda
as i said it was excellent with Yasuni c20 and as soon as i changed the pipe then its runing like shit

i think it maybe that my dynamic compression has increased with the new exhaust

because more compression often needs a smaller gap
can anyone verify this for me??

Eoin70 said:

u are changing the gaps of sparkplugs that dont need to be done and changing main jets when your low end is bogging out, then using your air screw when your top end is to rich...
i told u use a standard iridium plug and jet carb to that, aswell as set your timing to stock... u must jet carb properly then set transmitiioon then set timing...when jetting changes that dragsticly u need to start from square one... when i tell u something im not doin it for my health or to make my bike go faster...im tryin to help u...

Eoin70 said:

new pipe doesnt change compression ratio...pipe changes how much exhaust comes back into the cilinder via back pressure which u need to use different jets for( not bend you spark plug electrode to different pipes)....also you shouldnt have to rejet your cabr to much different with each pipe...i went from hebo r4 to c20 to evo2 and had a 105 main jet the whole time and the same pilot andclip setting and air screw setting...didnt change anything in the spark plug burning colour...something is wrong with your bike....maybe it did have an air leak in the seal...or maybe your cabr was way off b4 and now its even further...

u have to do things in proper order though, in reference to tuning your engine...carb first....

yes changing a pipe does change your compression
its called dynamic compression different from the normal compression you measure

Eoin70 said:
its called dynamic compression different from the normal compression you measure
i was talkin bout the normal compression.... but still the fact remains that u cant do that shit without jetting carb first... u may know most of the theory behind two stroke engine but u have a hard time using them..thats all i have ever tried helpin u with...i could care less whos information and advice u take but dont try and say trash like that in public(forum) if u have taken advice from me and if u arent ass good as me with an engine... i dont know 100% the theories behind every different thing out there like some other people on this forum who are engineers or jus know from experience, but i do know how to make a bike move very fastly and what it taked to fully tune and engine for race.... dont take advice from me but look at were its gotten u(engine problems)...good luck with fixin your bike!!! the problem u have sounds really retarded...if all else fails remember what i said...

Eoin70 said:
i was talkin bout the normal compression.... but still the fact remains that u cant do that shit without jetting carb first... u may know most of the theory behind two stroke engine but u have a hard time using them..thats all i have ever tried helpin u with...i could care less whos information and advice u take but dont try and say trash like that in public(forum) if u have taken advice from me (filling in crankcase)... i dont know 100% the theories behind every different thing out there like some other people on this forum who are engineers or jus know from experience, but i do know how to make a bike move very fastly and what it taked to fully tune and engine for race.... dont take advice from me but look at were its gotten u(engine problems)...good luck with fixin your bike!!! the problem u have sounds really retarded...if all else fails remember what i said...

Back