How to put Malossi OR 2005 on a 12mm Polini Evolution Shaft

Ndog1

Mechanical Advisor
Got my AC evo zuma all done and now am having to fit the new Malossi OR on to the big splineless shaft. I see I can just drill out the back of the Variator face place put what about the long collar?

There is a collar that came with the crank that has a bigger inner diameter but it is quite a bit shorter than the Malossi OR collar. With these big rollers I need Alot of range and I cant drill the inside of this collar because of holding on to the smooth surface.

I see this setup alot....How do you fit the new Malossi OR to a Polini Evolution 12mm splineless crank?

Ndog1

Advertisement - register to remove this

i would rather not drill the backplate or do anything else that might ruin the vario. instead, i would order spare parts from Malossi like the pin, backplate & spacer for the Team II crankshaft, go to malossi's online catalog, click on the Team crankshaft then click on the 'spare parts' link in the upper right hand corner of the screen & get the part numbers.

if you don't want the hassle of ordering spare parts just buy the Polini SS9 Evo vario kit, it has all teh hardware you need to mount it on an Evo & Team crankshaft, it is what i use now on the Team 70cc & it's very good.

i would rather not drill the backplate or do anything else that might ruin the vario. instead, i would order spare parts from Malossi like the pin, backplate & spacer for the Team II crankshaft, go to malossi's online catalog, click on the Team crankshaft then click on the 'spare parts' link in the upper right hand corner of the screen & get the part numbers.

if you don't want the hassle of ordering spare parts just buy the Polini SS9 Evo vario kit, it has all teh hardware you need to mount it on an Evo & Team crankshaft, it is what i use now on the Team 70cc & it's very good.

Ruin????

It's very easy just rebore the Malossi back plate and the hub too with a lathe and with the right turning tool!

Your version works too, but it's hard to buy spare parts like those!

yes i know, it's b'coz it'll be easier to switch the vario to be used on a 13mm splined crank just in case, we all know the reason malossi doesn't include the backplate & hubpin for a 16mm shaft is so that you'll buy that ultra expensive Team II crankshaft, they don't want their top of the line vario be used on other cranks like the Evo or the old Team crank, clever bastards. :(

Yeah, it looks like ordering those malossi parts would take forever. I can easily bore the backplate out to fit but the hub is what is bothering me. It has to be completely smooth on the outside to slide properly but in order to drill it out or turn it you have to get a "grip" on it with somthing. Im afraid a press or vice might knick the outside surface.

Just want to ask if i can use the polini backplate into the OR kit of malossi coz i have spare of back plate from polini w/o spline

Back