How to change AC to LC

tph-x

I've seen alot aircooled scooters have been changed to LC
I'd like to know some basics.

Installing, new ignition?
the standard crankcase fit LC cylinders?
Parts and where to get?

Advertisement - register to remove this

hm. I heard of this too. Em i'ed say you would have to change the cylinder. Get a radator and some pipes. A pump. (maby the pump might not fit onto an ac engine casing. in my oponion it's kinda a waste of time. Coz there is no real difference between Ac and LC but just a few BHP so get a 70cc kit and a proformance exhaust instead (just my oponion)

its not much work... ??

surely there is a lot of work, water pump, fan etc maybe easier and cheaper to buy a whole lc engine

If I can remember in the piaggio engine the water pump is inside the crankcase. If so you can't just change the cilinder. You have to buy an LC crankcase. In a minarelli engine you just need to change the cilinder and get the pipes and radiator and the pump.

Cruz_e_Silva said:
If I can remember in the piaggio engine the water pump is inside the crankcase. If so you can't just change the cilinder. You have to buy an LC crankcase. In a minarelli engine you just need to change the cilinder and get the pipes and radiator and the pump.
The crankcase can be made LC, it's just a question about beeing good with tools!

Swobber said:
The crankcase can be made LC, it's just a question about beeing good with tools!

i thought you can use an electric waterpump , from a car or something.
and making mina ac to lc isnt that difficult , i did it to , i could post some pics but my lycos account is off :( , the things you need is : radiator , LC cilinder , pipes , waterpump and the trhee screws for the ignition :)

Jep. But on piaggio, its a different story!
But a electric pump would be the best alternative, since ypu only need to make room for the L-shaped pipe.

Btw. Stalker's suck making LC, but i really cant wait for the team 2003 engine to start :)

when you say minor changes needed in the piaggio engine what do you mean, if you sorted out the radiator and the electric pump what would you need to modify on the cylinder/crankcase at all?

So if I want to make it lc I have to buy for example

Rimiator MALOSSI, complete for MHR-Kit what measures large cooling surface and all assembly parts incl.

Water pump BOSCH, 12V
(no battery needed)

and do i need new ignition (cover) for the pipe(s) ?

I check the items from www.sip-scootershop.com

Jep. But on piaggio, its a different story!
But a electric pump would be the best alternative, since ypu only need to make room for the L-shaped pipe.

Btw. Stalker's suck making LC, but i really cant wait for the team 2003 engine to start :)
What do you mean on Piaggio

Beste Yansko,
De post van Swobber is 20 jaren jong en Swobber zijn account al 8 jaren niet ingelogd geweest,
Kun je een nieuw topic aanmaken?
Groet,

Back