How much fuel does a 17,5 dell'orto use?

Mathias

How many km/l would my scooter drive, with this:

Polini 50cc Sport (8,5 hp)
Polini Star Traffic
Dell'orto 17,5mm

And how many km/l would it drive if i just had a standard 12mm dell'orto on?

Thanks..

Advertisement - register to remove this

I recently changed from the orginal 12mm to the 17.5 dell'orto, but haven't really noticed any real big changes concerning the fuel consumption. It all depends on your setup, and what injector ur using.

ps: btw, the written english from these dutch forum members are seriously below average :D 8P

cheers ;)

What do you mean when you say it depends on the injector you're using? As far as I know a scooter with a carburator doesn't have any injectors at all. Anyway, you won't notice a big difference when switching from 12 to 17.5mm but i'm not able to tell how big of a difference because that differs per scooter.

injector / jet all the same..... im not stupid, and I know injection is something totally different, but I couldn't come up with the name of the lil " sproeiers ".

I had the same question but than in dutch, if a 12mm use more fuel than a 17.5mm carb. Because the 17.5mm carb is bigger (volume) you have to use a bigger "sproeiers8P" or else proportion is incorrect.

Originally posted by Aerox2k
I had the same question but than in dutch, if a 12mm use more fuel than a 17.5mm carb. Because the 17.5mm carb is bigger (volume) you have to use a bigger "sproeiers8P" or else proportion is incorrect.

If you use big carb you need big mainjet too, because the little carb has less cross-section and the air has higher speed, so it can catches more gas, but the bigger carb has big cross-section the air-flow is slower so it can catches less gas, and you can compensate this with bigger mainjet.

Originally posted by Biohazard-[SF]-
Somhow i dont think a Polini Sport does 8,5hp!!!

But you dont know? - Right? :roll:

Polini 50cc is after my experince, at least as good as any 70cc Sport cylinder.

But it's made for "high" RPM, so you need a exhaust than can take the "high" RPM's. (Like S3R )

And is that because the 50cc Polini is so good or bcoz the 70cc cast irons are way below par? 8)
The absolute max is 7hp according to Polini, scooter-attack sez 6-7hp is the max. Who would you rather believe?
Also, Polini Start Traffic |( :rolleyes:

Who cares.. if he's happy with the setup he's got, fine. Anyway, you won't notice any difference in fuel consumption no mather which main jet size you're using. Usually you won't notice a big difference when switching to 12 to 17.5mm. Your scooter starts drinking lots of fuel once you place a 19, 21 or even bigger. Different jet sizes doesn't matter a lot.

Question: I have Polini sport kit (or what ever the real name is) but u get the point.. Then I have Dellorto 17.5 carburetor, also I have changed some other parts like the intake box, put a manual choke (what is just removed because it started "leaking air", I don't know does it effect performance in anyway but still I did it. In future I am going to change variator to bigger one (more speed to speedo/speedometer thingy)... So the question is what size pilot jet you guys are recommending. It is currently 32 and the main jet is 84, so I really well know that the pilot jet is too small because it just doesn't currently run on idle at all. Sooo, should I buy like pilot jet in somewhere around 40-44???

I have scooter as Piaggio Fly from beautiful year of 2006.. (Colour: Red)

Question: I have Polini sport kit (or what ever the real name is) but u get the point.. Then I have Dellorto 17.5 carburetor, also I have changed some other parts like the intake box, put a manual choke (what is just removed because it started "leaking air", I don't know does it effect performance in anyway but still I did it. In future I am going to change variator to bigger one (more speed to speedo/speedometer thingy)... So the question is what size pilot jet you guys are recommending. It is currently 32 and the main jet is 84, so I really well know that the pilot jet is too small because it just doesn't currently run on idle at all. Sooo, should I buy like pilot jet in somewhere around 40-44???

I have scooter as Piaggio Fly from beautiful year of 2006.. (Colour: Red)
Maybe make a seperate topic instead of responding to a topic from 2003…

Back