[Honda Zoomer] Tokidoki ride

hadoq

Hi guys, so I fell in love with those things when I traveled to japan, now I'm back in europe and just bought one last october. As it is now (not yet finished)

- Polini complete kit (electronic device, exhaust, variator)
- Doppler venturi airfilter
- BWs rear shock (will change for a chrome old style fournales next week)
- BWs front forks + disc brake + stage 6 caliper
- BMX handlebar/stem
- Lowered seat
- Underseat tail light
- Headlights + small blinkers
- Mirror and handlegrips
- Aftermarket front and rear fenders
etc...

p13.jpg

p11.jpg

Mods to come are

- Koso analog-type speedo (already bought)
- Clutch adaptation (polini 2g got it already as well as a torque correcter that might fit)
- Floorboard replacement (for a racing frame brace) + fuel tank cover
- Fournales rear shock (old type, chrome + just bought it)
- Extended wheelbase
- New mirror, new headlight
- Theme painting (tokodoki manga)
- Eventually 12" or 13" wheels, if so I'll also change the discbrake
- Radiator cover
- Custom coolant tank
- Side kickstand

I'll post updates, and to those who want info on how to customize their zoomers, where to get parts, wich parts fit etc... feel free to ask.

Advertisement - register to remove this

hadoq said:
Hi guys, so I fell in love with those things when I traveled to japan, now I'm back in europe and just bought one last october. As it is now (not yet finished)

- Polini complete kit (electronic device, exhaust, variator)
- Doppler venturi airfilter
- BWs rear shock (will change for a chrome old style fournales next week)
- BWs front forks + disc brake + stage 6 caliper
- BMX handlebar/stem
- Lowered seat
- Underseat tail light
- Headlights + small blinkers
- Mirror and handlegrips
- Aftermarket front and rear fenders
etc...

p13.jpg

p11.jpg

Mods to come are

- Koso analog-type speedo (already bought)
- Clutch adaptation (polini 2g got it already as well as a torque correcter that might fit)
- Floorboard replacement (for a racing frame brace) + fuel tank cover
- Fournales rear shock (old type, chrome + just bought it)
- Extended wheelbase
- New mirror, new headlight
- Theme painting (tokodoki manga)
- Eventually 12" or 13" wheels, if so I'll also change the discbrake
- Radiator cover
- Custom coolant tank
- Side kickstand

I'll post updates, and to those who want info on how to customize their zoomers, where to get parts, wich parts fit etc... feel free to ask.

Huhu, I like this 4-stroke scooter! Is the standard carb is enough? If I know well, there are some engine upgrades at Japan!

Well it's not a carb, it's an electronic PGM-FI type injection, the same honda uses on cars and motorcycles, it tunes itself depending temperature, airflow etc... the polini electronic device re-tunes the injection and adjusts ignition but the "auto tuning" is still active with the polini tuning, so there's no carb tuning issue on this scooter.

Japanese and US version have an older version on this engine, while european zoomer gets 4 valves cylinder head and PGM-Fuel injection, Japanese and USA zoomer/ruckus (US name) get 2 valves cylinder head and carburator.

Basically the only tuning you need to do on an euro zoomer would be the variator, and in my case I can also adjust the airflow to make the PGM-FI run at it's best.

hadoq said:
Well it's not a carb, it's an electronic PGM-FI type injection, the same honda uses on cars and motorcycles, it tunes itself depending temperature, airflow etc... the polini electronic device re-tunes the injection and adjusts ignition but the "auto tuning" is still active with the polini tuning, so there's no carb tuning issue on this scooter.

Japanese and US version have an older version on this engine, while european zoomer gets 4 valves cylinder head and PGM-Fuel injection, Japanese and USA zoomer/ruckus (US name) get 2 valves cylinder head and carburator.

Basically the only tuning you need to do on an euro zoomer would be the variator, and in my case I can also adjust the airflow to make the PGM-FI run at it's best.

Oh sorry, yes I know this is a new modern engine!

polini problems?

I bought a zoomer the other day and I love it. I knew it maxed out at about 27mph untuned and on asking the dealer about the polini kit he said they have stopped fitting them due to mechanical problems arising.

Has anyone here experienced any issues with this piece of kit or was this just part of his spiel as it invalidates the warrantee.

I really wouldn't mind eeking out a bit more top end but dont really want to risk damaging things. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

air filter

hi.
nice bike. i have 2 2006 zoomers and have mod'd pretty much everything, but not the air intake. did you jet your engine before putting the filter on and was there a significant increase in power when you'd finishes?

many thanks

Back