Honda X8R-S

hmmm, seems like a honda dio engine, i guess its not impossible to make it a 125cc stoker engine...Honda engines here are really too damn fast on the strips. Nowadays, MHR & Evo kits here in Philippines are having difficulty outrunning these kits.

As observed also in the Philippine scooter circuit racing scene, in the year 2002, the champion for the Open category was the Yamaha Jog- Malossi Modular. But on last year (2003) it was the Honda Dio1 Stroker, the Malossi Modular Jog placed only second. Parts from Taiwan are getting better and better. At a cheaper price, you can build a fast race engine.

what do i have to do to put in my x8r to get a 125cc cilinder? do i have to cut things?
in polini webpage there are some diferences in the kits!!! i dont know if this gonna work.

a.senna said:
what do i have to do to put in my x8r to get a 125cc cilinder? do i have to cut things?
in polini webpage there are some diferences in the kits!!! i dont know if this gonna work.

You can modify anything if you have a cutter, a grinder and a welder machine:):)

a.senna said:

to make it a 125cc rocket, replace your crankshaft w/ a 52mm stroke & 54mm bore cylinder... offcourse you will cut thing 'coz the mounting of cylinder to crankcase wont fit a 54mm bore..

As an overview, you must change your crank to a stroker type. Using stroker w/ full counterweights, you must cut the crank to fit in this crank, then change the engine block as well as the piston to a 55mm bore kit. Cutting is also needed in the crank to fit in the cylinder. In honda DIO's mods, its necessary to cut a small potion of the piston to prevent hitting the crank during downstroke. Then, a bigger carb is needed, usually we use 30mm - 32mm OKO carbs. Then the manifold should also be changed to fit in this carb.
On the pipe, I may suggest if SEF power pipe is available & can fit in your engine, thats the best performing pipe here in the Philippine Scooter Racing Scene. I leave the advise of the experts on the transmission side.

Work on the stroker engine dude, at least your fellow scooter friends would see or feel a different speed on that. Goodluck Bro.

but i dont have to cut nothing in the carter? :)
here in Portugal there are no info about my honda, and exists only in small numbers

Yes Emo, that's my point :) Taiwanese parts are very cheap (for us) in Pi/TW/China. But the importers here just price them €15 below a comparable Italian product :| Basically they raise the price 500% !

And remember, it's made in mainland China, so it already has been distributed to Pi and some people made some profit on it before selling it for 35 euro...
If you order it directly from Koso as an importer they'll cost you maybe €22 or less...
I'm so sick of this!

Last edited:
I think you should check the other manufacturers, CMR and "...." < forgot that one.
The Koso website doen't have Dio kit's online.

I'd have to warn you though, those other sites aren't very informative either.

which koso parts should i buy to go +70cc to 125cc, i need the codes please.

this is my actual setup:

variator speed control - polini

leovince Zx exhaust

Malossi mhr replica 70cc cilinder

gear up kit - primari gears - malossi

polini front pulley

kevlar belt - malossi

Torque driver rear pulley - malossi

17.5mm dellorto carb main jet 92

carbon reed 0,3 - malossi

unlocked cdi

8 grams rollers

it is impossible to order without the codes, and for what bikes they are made to.
shitty websites. :(
thats why i bought malossi and polini.

Back