Honda X8R-S

a.senna

I have a few questions about the honda X8R-S.
i need to know how can i make it faster, and what parts should i use.
i have heard about big bore kits in Hawai (125cc and up), to put in some honda models, but i dont know were to find those kits, and if those kits fit in my honda.
in this moment i have fited in my machine a 70cc cylinder malossi mhr replica, but i need more.
i appreciate your help.

thanks in advance

Advertisement - register to remove this

a.senna said:
I have a few questions about the honda X8R-S.
i need to know how can i make it faster, and what parts should i use.
i have heard about big bore kits in Hawai (125cc and up), to put in some honda models, but i dont know were to find those kits, and if those kits fit in my honda.
in this moment i have fited in my machine a 70cc cylinder malossi mhr replica, but i need more.
i appreciate your help.

thanks in advance

you can check www.vtcycles.com & http://hiperformance-moped-parts.20m.com/.. right now here in Pi the latest stroker kit brands are CMR & Ruima.. both of them are making good quality kits

senna you are a lucky man if you got the same crank and top end as a dio. is your motor the up-right motor. if so i have seen dio strokers do 95mph on flat ground. pm me and i will give you the whole scoop on the downlow.

I think that the X8-R and the dio have the same cilinder, but in the Polini catalogue their kits have diferent part numbers, so there should be some diference between them. Does anyone knows what it is?

In my opinion to start with the volume of a x8r carter is to small to be even thinking of adapting a 125cc cillinder to it. Therefore there is no way to create a decent flow inside the engine, without extreme modifications to the outside of the carters for creating: bigger intakes, greater cillinderfoot, creation of a fuel intake put further away from the cillinder, etc, etc. Wich in some case lead to trouble with the ignition/variator placement.
Furthermore it probably would be a problem cooling the cillinderkit because of the aluminium frame (placement of the cooling plastics etc, no space). Not sure if it (cil/exhaust) even would fit under the frame.

In the end it probably could be done, anything is possible. But will it be worth the time, money, trouble? I'd say no.

David said:
In my opinion to start with the volume of a x8r carter is to small to be even thinking of adapting a 125cc cillinder to it. Therefore there is no way to create a decent flow inside the engine, without extreme modifications to the outside of the carters for creating: bigger intakes, greater cillinderfoot, creation of a fuel intake put further away from the cillinder, etc, etc. Wich in some case lead to trouble with the ignition/variator placement.
Furthermore it probably would be a problem cooling the cillinderkit because of the aluminium frame (placement of the cooling plastics etc, no space). Not sure if it (cil/exhaust) even would fit under the frame.

In the end it probably could be done, anything is possible. But will it be worth the time, money, trouble? I'd say no.

it's really worth it if you know how to do it!! this kind of mods needs alot of machining, and its making the crankcase thin to hold up on a big displacemant. lets ask stroker guys from Hawaii, how they make their 125s reliable on the road use..

Last edited:
david let me just tell you that honda dio motors can be made into 125cc and even bigger. you have to get yourself 52mm crank and then get yourself a 55mm bore and there you have a 125cc bike. you get the cases machined to fit the bigger crank and the bigger bore. its done out here all the time. these bike are 90mph easy and they run all day long, without problems. we even run 30 to 33mm carbs. everything on these bikes are big except the bikes. they are 120 pound rockets. Emo its worth building cuzz you can build a 125cc stroker for a lot lest than a full evo or mhr yamaha set up.

rydah said:
david let me just tell you that honda dio motors can be made into 125cc and even bigger. you have to get yourself 52mm crank and then get yourself a 55mm bore and there you have a 125cc bike. you get the cases machined to fit the bigger crank and the bigger bore. its done out here all the time. these bike are 90mph easy and they run all day long, without problems. we even run 30 to 33mm carbs. everything on these bikes are big except the bikes. they are 120 pound rockets. Emo its worth building cuzz you can build a 125cc stroker for a lot lest than a full evo or mhr yamaha set up.

here in Pi stroker Dio motors here are not modified to the limit, they just make it 115cc-123cc and you cant find them in the road you can only see them in a dragstrip (A/C setup) or in a racetrack (L/C setup)..

rydah said:

This topic is about the X8r engine and not a Honda Dio.....

David said:
This topic is about the X8r engine and not a Honda Dio.....

x8r and dio share the same cylinder & intake manifold.. so it is inevitable not to talk it in this thread right?

No it isn't, he wants to put an 125cc kit on his !X8R! no on a dio.
As far as im up to date the construction of the dio engine differs from the x8r.

david i have never seen a XR8 they dont have those bikes in the united states. can you let me know the diff with the two engines. if they share the same crank and cylinder why would there be a problem.
Emo the big strokers are everywhere out here in hawaii. plenny guys use them as everyday drivers. they last if they are built right and taken care of just like anything else.

rydah said:
david i have never seen a XR8 they dont have those bikes in the united states. can you let me know the diff with the two engines. if they share the same crank and cylinder why would there be a problem.
Emo the big strokers are everywhere out here in hawaii. plenny guys use them as everyday drivers. they last if they are built right and taken care of just like anything else.

If I know well they use different cylinder and crankshaft, but I don't know the differences maybe these are little differences!!

Last edited:
here's a pic. of x8r engine..
272%20-%2008-05-2004.jpg

Back