Honda Scoopy 50 Project AC

Quanni90

Whats up everyone my name is Jahquan and I am 18 years old. I am half black half portuguese. I live in Bermuda in the Atlantic Ocean. It's about 22square miles and is populated with about 66,000 people. Bermuda is close to the east coast of the United States but we are colonized by Britian making us British Territory.

I first brought a Honda Scoopy back in March of last year. I had it up until October 30 night before haloween. I got in a accident that night causing me to break my jaw, 2 teeth, lacerate my tongue and the usual road rash.
Because of this accident I had to go to the hospital and leave my bike behind; and becuause of this the bike got stolen from the accident scene a night later while recovering.

This is what the bike looked like before the accident:
ONLY DONE 95KM/H -100KM/H :(
Maby the fact that most of the bike was polini explains why it was so slow
klq1l40901302tp0.jpg

But its 2008 now and i decided ill buy another one and make it faster. Heres what the second second-hand bike looks like:
dsc00091mu5.jpg

Honda Setup

Honda SH50cc Engine (Tuned)
MHR Replica 70cc (Tuned)
MHR RHQ 41mm Crank 12pin
MHR Variable CDI
MHR Special Belt
Malossi Multivar 2000
Malossi 5.1g Rollers (13x16)
Malossi Torque Driver
Malossi Red Contra Spring (Paggio)
Stage6 Clutch (6/9 Brass Weights)
Stage6 Red Clutch Springs (8,000rpm)
Stage6 Clutch Bell
Stage6 Manifold
Stage6 V-Force Reedcage
Stage6 CNC Milled Fixed half Pulley (Minarelli)
Polini 0.3mm Reed Paper
Polini Secondary Gear Wheels 15/49
Polini Primary Gearwheels 13/42
Koso 28mm FlatSlide Carb
Chrome Kundo Aftermarket Muffler
NGK BP7HS

MHR Rep Specs

190 main exhaust port
180 aux exhaust ports
124 main transfer
124 secondary transfer
124 boost port

Other

Castrol A747 Racing Oil (25:1)
Saua 16" Racing Tires
Honda OEM 100 Speedo
Chrome Shocks
Chrome Enginecase
Chrome Rims
Chrome Kick start
Chrome Swing Arm
Chrome Rear Carrier
Chrome Lisence Plate/Reflector Holder
Chrome Kundo Pipe
Chrome Tailights & Indicators
Chrome Breake Levers
Chrome TNT Fuel Filter

Day one I started stripping the bike down to nothing so do a full inspection on the bike condition.
dsc00071ao9.jpg

After stripping the bike I got straight to the engine and ended up breaking 2 bolts in the engine(block).:(

p6020007bu7.jpg

I had them rethreaded then started on matching the ports and polishing the engine to clean up the engine.

Before
p6180017ak0.jpg

After
p6180037px8.jpg

Now that its clean I can start to filling in thoes big holes in the case for better flow and crankcase compression.:#

This is what I used to fill the case in with
(Marine Tex)
p6190049dz8.jpg

This is the first time i have attempted anything in the crankcase so I made a plan prior to filling the case.

crankcase1py3.jpg

crankcase2xq1.jpg

Now that I feel confident with my plans I will put it to work!:#

p6190050aq2.jpg

Now all i have to do is wait 24 hours for this to dry and for my order to arrive!!!:Z

Only 18 hours have passed and shez lookin good. I put the engine back together and started sanding the Tex smooth. At the same time I cleaned up the carters and slapped in thoes brand new bearings8P

p6190008qh3.jpg

The order just arrived after I cleaned the gasket sealant around the case after closing it.

p6200009ek4.jpg

Now that the parts are here I gonna start putting the engin back together.

Check di kit out8P :p
p6200067ko2.jpg

p6200025sp3.jpg

Looking good so far :# !!!

p6200030ts3.jpg

Now the I a lil low on cash so ill have to use this trash muffler until I can afford a higher reving pipe. WHAT PIPE DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND?

p6200066al3.jpg

Ill Get a video up soon

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

Ight but dem lot round added speed playing round I dont think dey bringin in any more. You know wer I can get a yasuni r for a sh50 or x8r?

at d moment they dont have any in.....i kno someone that has 1 that might sell it......i didn't think that X8R pipes would work on scoopys
scooter-attack.com had pipes for X8R.....they have a good selection there
another option is to buy a yasuni r off scooter-attack.com and get it welded to a scoopy 100 downpipe

p.s is that second carb u have in your picture a 19 or a 21??? cuz i would buy it off u...... :D

If you want to find a pipe for your scoopy check this site they have everything you can think of and they deliver to BDA. www.sip-scootershop.com you should be able to find a yasuni on there for your bike fora pretty decent price i would also recommend the yasuni as well maybe not the R if you can find a better version but if that is what i have as an option very good pipe for a good price.

Ya I got my parts from SIP they ship in 3 days if you pay ah extra 10 dollas for wat ya want.

All they got for a scoop is after market mufflers n endcones to pipes dey dont sell

at d moment they dont have any in.....i kno someone that has 1 that might sell it......i didn't think that X8R pipes would work on scoopys
scooter-attack.com had pipes for X8R.....they have a good selection there
another option is to buy a yasuni r off scooter-attack.com and get it welded to a scoopy 100 downpipe

p.s is that second carb u have in your picture a 19 or a 21??? cuz i would buy it off u...... :D

X8R and scoopys have the same engine its just x8r's have disk brakes by the gearcase n scoopys have drum brakes n x8r's don't have swingarms.
dog u outta luck if you wuda asked di day i posted u cuda had it.. just sold it yesterday to my boy jason its a 21mm dellorto black. but u ca get a new one off SIP for a bill.
scooter attack dosent ship to bermy.

@Zip Racer 7 aye you know of any inner rotor that would fit on a scoopy?

Last edited:
I am not sure if the scoopy engine is the same as the peugot engine if so check out www.euroscooter.nl i am not sure if they deliver to bermuda or not i think from what i have heard they do. There are a few ignitions on there for peugot engines so it might fit you will have to do more research to check on that. Also Stage6 has an awesome pipe fora peugot as well if it fits on your bike i would look into that as well. There is another post on here of a speedflight with the pipe i am talking about

ya thas why I ported the block to atleast get 10,500rpm but den again scoopys are known to be slow bikes.
thnx rene

Every one in bermuda i got a polini inner rotor for a minarelli motor for sale comes with 2 shims cdi, stator plate ,stator, lead with spark cap and rotor magnet.

Last edited:
Upadate 07.14.08

Good and Bad News

Bad News
Siezed my MHR Replica July 4th
Camera got wet on break-in day
Siezed Crank-Bearings
Pick-up on stator is trashed

Good News
Just got my tuned MHR Replica back
Found a puegot ignition compatible with honda engine
Turning the project from Air Cooled to Liquid Cooled

Heres a pic of the Rep that i siezed.(Siezed b/c loose sparkplug) Drunk
dsc00019wp3.jpg

Removed Marine Tex and drilled lubrication holes for bearings
dsc000121qc4.jpg

dsc00011af1.jpg

Started assembling another bike but as soon as i get a chance to start mine a hurricane comes.
dsc00016sc4.jpg

After the Hurricane I will take a video of its performance.

Does anyone know what percentage the malossi yellow tension spring is?
I assumed it was 15% so i brought a 22% di otha day.

Last edited:
how come you dont just go with a full on big stroker, 119 to 125cc since you are trying to bull a really bike. honda big strokers are animals, 85+ mph no problem at all and with plenny of torque.

Back