Honda dio AF27 help

Ratcat98

Honda Dio AF27

Current mods

1500 rpm koso clutch springs (contra and small)

New oem type belt

Lightened rollers, (2x 8g, 4x 4g)
(I have option for 6x6.5g, 6x8g, 6x4g)

V8 pipe, (bigger diameter than stock, for 70-90cc usually)

Upjetted, current 82 jet (stock 75), have a range from 75 to 100

Relevant replacements

Throttle cable

Problems

once the I kickstart the engine, it’s fine, but once I take the scooter off the stand, and stop the back wheel, the engine dies. When I try kickstart on the ground it launches it forwards, rear wheel doesn’t move. If I push the moped fast enough, with the ignition on, it will start the engine. Once I push start it, I can drive it around, but once I come to a stop, the issue repeats. I feel could be a clutch issue but not sure as I haven’t done anything to the clutch apart from replace the springs, and once i did that, this issue wasn’t happening.

Older issues, Throttle stays on even when cable is fully recessed, revs right up to full throttle unless I brake. Confident this is because I have to keep the idle screw all the way in to start it then it goes, once I screw idle out, it no longer happens from memory.

IMPORTANT: Shuts off occasionally if I come to a stop, or when I go up a hill then let off the throttle on a slight flat

on downhill, engine doesn’t idle can’t hear it when let off throttle until I pull throttle then it will bog then accelerate

Weird boggy noises throughout it running

When it dies, I try kickstarting it 30 times and have to wait a minute or two before I can start it again, (now I can’t kickstart it as per the push starting issue)

(These are probably all connected issues, they have been happening since I put the bigger exhaust on, I took the new exhaust for a run and the moped died at every set of lights and I couldn’t kick start it for ages.)

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement - register to remove this

, (2x 8g, 4x 4g)
So, unbalanced. That's a great idea. Mixing 4 and 8 is not a good idea anyway. It's way too big of a difference.
What is it with people mixing weights. It's just shit. For testing or something, (with small weight differences) sure.

I'm sorry, but running 2 8g weights, and 4 4g weights is just dumb, it's not balanced, and the wear is going to be all over the place.
And it's the EXACT same thing as just running 6 5.3g weights.

Literally no difference at all. People seem to think that half and half gives you lighter rollers for acceleration, and heavier for top end or something. That's not how it works at all.
And don't even get me started on the idea that heavier rollers means higher top speed, and lighter means faster acceleration, that's what everyone seems to think too, total bullshit.

And yes the clutch is broken.

if at all you have to mix, use 3x4 and 3x8, not an odd number, it will mess up the balance, potentially jamming the variator on the bush.
with @WEBRacing on the clutch, that doesn't disengage. might not have been after placing the springs, but maybe because the clutch shoes have run in properly plus stronger clutch springs also pull the segments at an angle, have seen stock clutch shoes worn in a "warped" pattern, imagine what stronger springs could do (jam the "hinge" on their pins/bolts)

Back