Hey all i'm new

gopher

Hey guys I just entered into this moped business and I'm really intersted in learning a whole lot. I'm really looking to make my scooter fast I've got a Zip R3i. Where can I find parts for it. I really want a pipe as my first mod. What do you guys think would be a good one?

Advertisement - register to remove this

Greetings: I just had the big brown truck drop off a box from sip scooter shop in Germany...If you want to get started and do a little reading....order their catalog... (in english for me :) It has a lot of how to do engine, crank, ignition, ect. Also, the people on this forum are really into this. Some have even talked to me on the phone about my project. (polini evo2, polini ignition, polini crank 12mm, tillotson 80cc kart carb, brembo break set-up, costume (Rooste pipe) alum. triple tree. blue anodized forks, v-force, malossi overrange and bla, blah, blah, blah, blah. and don't let anyone tell you these things aren't fast......THEY ARE! Google 2fast4race and watch the vid of the guy going up against the rice burning sport bike. The knowledge that I have received from just lurking in this forum has been an education in it self. Check out some of the projects and don't forget to look in the non english projects as well. Some of it is just completely off the chain.....I mean NOS... need I say more. Cheers, Tim Svec.......Miami Beach, Florida

Gopher welcome to scootertuning.net :)

maar Bram hij heeft het niet over een pia zip eh ;)

een vento zip R3i:
fotocat_zipr3i.jpg

geen drol voor te krijgen dus.

Just responding on a dutch member. And guys; It aint a Piaggio Zip. But a vento zip r3i as shown on the picture. No 2fast4race/speeds/evo's etc without adjustments.

greetz

Alright...finally a topic for me.Well I can tell you from experience,you will not have a hard time finding parts.The problem lies in the fact of you have to know what to look for.The motor is a clone of the Yamaha vino motor.Just little differences in certain spots.One of the first things you need to know is,the variator spline size is 16mm.You will need to know this or you will be sending parts back and forth all day.Your clutch diameter is 107mm.Belt is the same as a Yamaha Jog as is the intake manifold.Now the manifold requires some work to get tweaking.Well I have talk to much,just giving you some heads up for all the crap that I had to go through when I got my Zip.I have a 2003 Vento Zip R3 stroker sleeper,meaning it looks the same as a stock Zip pretty much,but a ton more power.My project isnt quite finished yet as recently I broke my hip in skateboard contest.But the project is still under construction and will be finished real soon.PM me if you want to see some pics of mine or I might just post on here.

Mexicano and "CantDrive55" (sorry cannot remember full/correct user name) are the Vento bike guys here. The motor is a Minarelli clone. Do some searches here and you will find much info.
frank

Hey guys I just entered into this moped business and I'm really intersted in learning a whole lot. I'm really looking to make my scooter fast I've got a Zip R3i. Where can I find parts for it. I really want a pipe as my first mod. What do you guys think would be a good one?

Probably you will be getting a 70cc kit, so I would get a Yasuni 16 as it should work kinda OK on the 50cc engine. You could get a lessor pipe now for the 50cc but you will want to change it to a Yasuni later. *** If you think you never will upgrade to a good 70cc cylinder then something like a Giannelli Extra is quite a good pipe.

*** (most everyone on this forum has learned this lesson the hard way!)

frank

Damn, didn't realize that people actually noticed the Vento's on this forum... :p But yea, you can get pretty much any Minarelli part for it. Based off a Jog/Vino motor.

Most people end up doing a Tecnigas pipe, Airsal T6 cylinder, Malossi variator, 19mm Arreche carb, and a foam filter. That gets a solid 55mph outta this bike and then you gotta step up for more speed. Change to a better cylinder like MHR/Evo with a C20/C21 and a 24-28mm carb. Then try to find some Jog90 gears and a clutch. So far I haven't been able to fit the Polini overrange on because the primary gear shaft pulls out too much and hits but eventually with some time you could get one to fit.

Depends on how fast you wanna go and how deep your pockets are. :W

Jeff

Back