GY6 honda clone motors

Pman

I have a GY6 150cc 4 stroke honda clone motor found on vento 150cc ect. I am looking to modify this engine with bigger cylinder, cam, exhaust, clutches, and cdi. I want to know has anyone here modified this motor befor?
also who makes the best quality parts? particularly the cylinder and exhausts. I have seen the PFS V8 exhausts and a MRP one online, does anyone have a good suggestions on modding this motor. I think the TGB 150cc have a similar motor as well.

Advertisement - register to remove this

thanks, i have seen thosr mrp kits but was not sure of the quality. I think i will try a set up like that. Are the clutches any better than the original, they look so close to the stock ones from the pictures just red.

one thing you don't knoiw is that they also sell a 4valve head for the 150cc GY6 engine, i know a person who sells tuning parts for the GY6 engine over here in the Philippines i'll ask him if he still has some of those parts he was offering me.

You should check autotech355 on ebay, good quality and nice price (compared to those REDICULOUS prices on USA online shops)

http://myworld.ebay.nl/autotech355

But your best option would be to jump on the next plane to Shanghai and go to 'scooter street' near the railway station. Stuff there is WAY cheaper than any ebay shop :)
Koso 200cc + 200cc head + Koso cam = 1250 yuan (125 euro).
And you can probably get some discount to 110 euro :winner:

If you get a chinese 200cc instead of the Koso you can get it for €90...

Last edited:
if i could some how make contacts with the Taiwanese parts sellers. I am not a fan of chinese parts. Ebay seems to be my best option at this time.

It is too bad that it is almost impossible for people to get parts from taiwan and china. I was on the koso web page and saw the 200cc kit, i would love to get one but its so difficult to get them to America.

Well I currently have a €25 chinese 80cc+head (sundiro honda) and a €150 taiwan 82cc+head (brand unknown), and the quality/fit is the same. The taiwan piston is actually an OVAL, and the valves are from the same company(VTC) :)
I'll take the chinese one anytime, just be sure not to get the cheapest brands... Chinese also have different quality/pricing levels. That's why it's important to go there and check it in person before you buy.

Back