Gilera Runner 209 ccm Quattro valve

i`ve mounted my primary gear polini with the secondary gear malossi.the 0-100 is almost the same but the final top speed is with 5 km/h higher.my enigine is not so powerfull to work with both gears and i have a big lost of speed.
now my top speed is 135 but with only the secondary gear malossi my top speed was 145-150 km/h.i want to try to remove the secondary and keep only the primary gear.i hope i will gain more than 145-150 km/h.

...report pls *D

What have you change (variator, clutch...) on your gilera?

regards

Hello 8),

what setup is the better to city?

Malossi 210
Head V4 Head
Malossi Springs
Malossi cam
Malossi Valves + valve springs
Original carb
Primary gear polini

or

Cylinder Kit-KB-RACING-Piaggio 300cc LC Leader
Original Head
Malossi Springs
Malossi cam
Original carb
Primary gear polini

thx :)

I'd say THE kubler kit, more power less revs...

Hello 8),

what setup is the better to city?

Malossi 210
Head V4 Head
Malossi Springs
Malossi cam
Original carb
Primary gear polini

or

Cylinder Kit-KB-RACING-Piaggio 300cc LC Leader
Original Head
Malossi Springs
Malossi cam
Original carb
Primary gear polini

thx :)

Hello,

Malossi setup
Primay gear original
Secondary gear original

Speed 120km/h |(koso)
Acceleration good

Malossi setup
Primay gear original
Secondary gear Malossi

Speed 140km/h (koso)
Acceleration poor

Malossi setup
Primay gear Polini
Secondary gear original

what will with acceleration?

Hello,

Malossi setup
Primay gear original
Secondary gear original

Speed 120km/h |(koso)
Acceleration good

Malossi setup
Primay gear original
Secondary gear Malossi

Speed 140km/h (koso)
Acceleration poor

Malossi setup
Primay gear Polini
Secondary gear original

what will with acceleration?

You should think about some stiffer clutchsprings.
If it is slow up to f.x. 30 og 40 km/h you need stiffer springs for the clutch
If it is overall slower, you need lighter rollers.

hello velo
my scooter is super hexagon gtx125. it has chip key and cdi with immobiliser.
i want remove it and use a malossi cdi without immobiliser, can i?
becuse i have already bought a malossi cdi without immobiliser. maybe i bought a wrong parts?

Last edited:
hello velo i have 2 questions want to get your answer.
1, piaggio 300cc engine bore 75 stroke 63 and 250cc engine bore 72 stroke 60
63-60=3mm
quasar 250cc crankshaft + quasar 300cc cylinder = cut quasar 300cc cylinder short 3mm, they will fit and can get more compression, right?
75/60, big bore and small stroke, only 13cc less, more top rpm= more power, right? maybe can get more power then the 75/63.
what are you think?
2, more guys use malossi power cam for the 244cc-278cc, right?
is it good?malossi said the malossi power cam fit 125-210cc, but they don't said it fit 244-278cc. are you sure the malossi cam can good work and get more power for the 244-278cc? what about the quasar 250-300cc cam? i think maybe it can good work better than the malossi. btw it is very cheap. on the www.scooter-center.com i also find a kubler cam kit, we use the kubler 244-278cc cylinder kit, so maybe it is a good one.
what are you think?

hello velo i have 2 questions want to get your answer.
1, piaggio 300cc engine bore 75 stroke 63 and 250cc engine bore 72 stroke 60
63-60=3mm
quasar 250cc crankshaft + quasar 300cc cylinder = cut quasar 300cc cylinder short 3mm, they will fit and can get more compression, right?
75/60, big bore and small stroke, only 13cc less, more top rpm= more power, right? maybe can get more power then the 75/63.
what are you think?
2, more guys use malossi power cam for the 244cc-278cc, right?
is it good?malossi said the malossi power cam fit 125-210cc, but they don't said it fit 244-278cc. are you sure the malossi cam can good work and get more power for the 244-278cc? what about the quasar 250-300cc cam? i think maybe it can good work better than the malossi. btw it is very cheap. on the www.scooter-center.com i also find a kubler cam kit, we use the kubler 244-278cc cylinder kit, so maybe it is a good one.
what are you think?

#1 sounds plausible. Go for it.
#2 I don't know wich cam is the best for 278 setup, But i use the Malossi cam in my setup and I think it pumps quite a punch with 27 bhp in the rear wheel.

Sorry about the lack of respons at the time. ;-)

#1 sounds plausible. Go for it.
#2 I don't know wich cam is the best for 278 setup, But i use the Malossi cam in my setup and I think it pumps quite a punch with 27 bhp in the rear wheel.

Sorry about the lack of respons at the time. ;-)

velo thank you for your reply and you have a very nice runner and a great project / setup. i want have a project for 4v 250cc after see your project.

1. i am going it now
2. i will try 300cc cam first, if it not good i will buy malossi one.

and new problem: we know the torque driver was the same on 125 and 200cc models till 2002, then from 2003 they've used different model.
so do you know what is the different for the 125 and 200cc torque drive from 2003?
is the diameter of torque driver? dose just like piaggio zip old model 128mm torque and new model 134mm? why the 125 200cc engines have different v-belt? i think the engines have same length because they have same engine transmission cover.

btw i think you maybe order maloss 4v head 25mm/22.2mm valves for your original head, right? i do it now.

Last edited:
Jandro, i`ve saw you tested alot of exaust...what can you recommand?
What brand/model
i think leo vince 4 road is ok...but not the best!
can you tell me what exaust to buy?
what exaust do you have now on your runner?
Best Regards!

hello velo
my scooter is super hexagon gtx125. it has chip key and cdi with immobiliser.
i want remove it and use a malossi cdi without immobiliser, can i?
becuse i have already bought a malossi cdi without immobiliser. maybe i bought a wrong parts?

You chould have bought the other model.
BUT

If you read through the pages here. Chri$h is posting how you can make it work anyway;-)

and new problem: we know the torque driver was the same on 125 and 200cc models till 2002, then from 2003 they've used different model.
so do you know what is the different for the 125 and 200cc torque drive from 2003?
is the diameter of torque driver? dose just like piaggio zip old model 128mm torque and new model 134mm? why the 125 200cc engines have different v-belt? i think the engines have same length because they have same engine transmission cover.

btw i think you maybe order maloss 4v head 25mm/22.2mm valves for your original head, right? i do it now.

First, this is just a theory, I think it is different because the small engines need more rews to do the job. and
Second, I think the 200+ parts a stronger and can better handle the power.

If you order OZ valves for the stock head. Then remeber it is a lot of work changing them and making them fit.

Jandro, i`ve saw you tested alot of exaust...what can you recommand?
What brand/model
i think leo vince 4 road is ok...but not the best!
can you tell me what exaust to buy?
what exaust do you have now on your runner?
Best Regards!

Though I'am not Jandro. I think at the moment the Leovince SBK is the best and coolest Exhaust for the Leader engine.

Hi again.

Hi again !i need ur help velo,what exhaust and carb should i use now??
my setup:Malossi 209/Malossi head//Malossi cam//Malossi secondary gears//Malossi variator//Malossi kevlar//.

plz tell me what exhaust and carb will be better for me...and if i need to use malossi digitronic !

Back