Gilera 125

the 50filter may let a bit less air in but will not restrict performance much, if it does let not enough air in then the engine wont be harmed, it will just bog down cos of too much fuel.

the engine will be harmed if there is too much air and not enough fuel.

so put it on and see how it goes. If it bogs down the go maybe 5 sizes down.

to check the jetting look at yor spark plug. It should be chocolate brown ALL over. If it is black and sooty then the jet is too big and too much fuel.
IF the plug is white at all then it is running lean (too much air) and you need to go up in jet sizes!

essay over

Sound, i'll stick a 50cc air filter on then. Any ideas about exhaust? It's a big solid mofo, I was thinking about a tecnigas one (i dun care about proforormance coz the thing is gona be a rocket anyway compaired to my 50cc)

Problem with the gilera 172 , it's origionaly a 125 but now it's got a malossi 172 kit racing clutch and racing crank, and standard exhaust, Problem is A while ago there was an hole about the size of a tennis ball in the exhaust, dono how it happened, then got it fixed and the exhaust got a hole in it again, then got it fixed again and there is another hole in it,

Any ideas why this is happening. When it was fixed i dono how it was fixed like was hole welded or what,

Please help

Hm, i dono how he fixed it, Maby he did get a new one, i ainted seen the bike yet, he just told me about it (i ainted bought it yet)

What i mean is I'm pretty sure he bought a new exhaust. and if he did buy a new one do u have any ideas why this is happening?

Rust, the standard pipes rust very quickly if not looked after. Its not hard to do, keep em cleaned and oiled and you should have no problems with your exhausts. Motorex 645 protect and shine or Scottoiler FS365 is great for use on exhausts.

Dave

Dont fit the 50cc exhaust, it will be pants! The LeoVinci Touring is a decent enough replacement for the standard pipe, it wont boost performance, but it is road legal. Its also one of the cheapest aftermarket pipes.
Scorpion pipes are good as well as they are stainless steel and dont rust however they are a bit more expensive.

Dave

What would happen if i fitted a 50cc exhaust just for like 20km?
And the frame on my gilera is a bit bent, i think, he has a replacment one are the hard to switch?

Cathal said:
What would happen if i fitted a 50cc exhaust just for like 20km?
And the frame on my gilera is a bit bent, i think, he has a replacment one are the hard to switch?

Do you want to install a standard silencer or an expansion chamber?

If you install a standard 50cc silencer it will extremly decrease the power!

If you want to fit an expansion chamber than this is a bad idea, if you can fit the pipe to the motor it is not enough. 125 cc scooter needs totally different expansion chamber then 50 cc one. The volume of the 50 cc pipe is to small, and another very important think is the tailpipe, the 50 cc's tailpipe has a very small diameter for the 125 cc scooter, so you have a big chance to melt your piston!

okie, Any ideas of how to make the gilera 180 more quiet?
And btw i seen a gilera 125 today outside shops and it look like it had a 50cc frame? Can ya put a 125 engine into a 50cc frame?

I've payed €300 euro for the gilera (i ainted been home for ages so i was not able to buy it), It's a Gilera 125 with a 172 kit, Chap who owns it says it's got racing crank, It's got 20000km and he is charging €1250 for it with a shoei helmet,

Do ya think it's worht it, Also it comes with a broken down 125 for spares,

Btw before I buy it what the improtant stuff to look for? Do gilera 125/180 have any constant problems, One of the problems is the electricts don't work any ideas? And what should i look for?

PLease help

Thanks
Cathal

Last edited:
Problem!

Bought the gilera runner 172,
When i brought it home there was not water in tank,

I filled it up and water was leaking out of the cylinder, at the bottom of the cylinder, Any ideas of what i shoud do? Is is a gasket gone? and how do ya tighten the malossi 172 cylinders? All i can see is 2 blots where ya can take off the cylinder head/

Please help

Back