Gianelli compare....

downtown

I was just wondering how well the gianelli shot compares with the likes of the technigas none, leo vince handmade 70 and other 70cc exhausts. I am able to get the shot for a great price almost have of the other pipes but don't want to buy it if it is crap.

thanx,
Downtown

Advertisement - register to remove this

The Gianelli Shot is a sport pipe that works with a stock, or 70cc sport cyl, and isnt tuned for higher rpm cyls. It is considered a good pipe for a moderate level of tune.

The Tecnigas None, Leo HM70, etc...are tuned for a mid-race cyl (11,500rpm or so) like Malossi MHR-Replica or Polini Corsa kits.

If you have a race kit (MHR Team, Polini EVO, etc..) dont consider any of these pipes...

What 70cc cyl are you running?

As a word of advice, dont go cheap on a pipe if you expect the engine to perform well. You will just end up spending more money in the long run as you will end up buying the right pipe later on. So if you have a mid-race cyl, then dont get the Shot, get the right pipe for your cyl. If you have a sport cyl then get the right pipe for it (like Shot, Tecnigas RS, etc...)

Last edited:
The shot is an exellent pipe for a mid-race cylinder, its a perfect match for the TP Due+ and it runs great on the polini corsa and MHR-Replica aswell. Its purely a 70cc pipe and is high reving... Its a re-make of the Top Performance Nardo exhaust. I have one on my TP due+ 70cc which revs to about 12,000 and its fastttt.... There are some people on here that have ran an EVO cylinder with a shot... Its a great pipe.

Last edited:
You know it is getting harder and harder to decide what I am going to do. I have a canadian BWS/Zuma that is completely dismantled right now. I keep flip flopping whether I am going to L/C it or not. I am not new to two strokes as I have been building minimoto motors for a couple of years now. I am looking at an increase in power with the reliability of a daily driver. My brain is starting to smoke LOL. what I was looking at doing was going with an Athena L/C 70cc with the Shot pipe. I am not so happy with Leo Vince as the last pipe that I got was the TT. Needless to say the damn thing didn't line up properly and caused a slight exhaust leak, and you guessed it ran lean. Oh well. How do you like your malossi kit?

I've also used shot on due plus setup, and like ben-aerox said it was perfect, reved to about 12600 rpm with plenty of power.

But quality of my shot sucked, used to crack very often.

LV is crap, throw it as far as you can.

Yes your right about the LV Narx, I used it for maybe 50 klms and now it is a bent piece of crap. Thanx everyone for responding to another..what pipe/setup should I get question. but better to get it right the first time. Thanx again

You know it is getting harder and harder to decide what I am going to do. I have a canadian BWS/Zuma that is completely dismantled right now. I keep flip flopping whether I am going to L/C it or not. I am not new to two strokes as I have been building minimoto motors for a couple of years now. I am looking at an increase in power with the reliability of a daily driver. My brain is starting to smoke LOL. what I was looking at doing was going with an Athena L/C 70cc with the Shot pipe. I am not so happy with Leo Vince as the last pipe that I got was the TT. Needless to say the damn thing didn't line up properly and caused a slight exhaust leak, and you guessed it ran lean. Oh well. How do you like your malossi kit?

Where in Canada are you? I am in Brampton Ont. Just got my Athena cylinder last week and am running it with a Next R. Haven't got it all sorted yet.

EX, I am down in st.catharines by niagara falls. Did you get the A/C or L/C'd cylinder kit?

AC. I used to live in St Catharines on Maple between Geneva and Welland. My scoot spent a few years down there before I bought it. (Then it got fast)

My neighbor had a BW and a LV pipe... and he lived .... DOWNTOWN.

The shot is an exellent pipe for a mid-race cylinder, its a perfect match for the TP Due+ and it runs great on the polini corsa and MHR-Replica aswell. Its purely a 70cc pipe and is high reving... Its a re-make of the Top Performance Nardo exhaust.

OOps. I was thinking of the other Gianelli pipe (Extra or Next or something like that). I had forgotten the Shot was their mid-race pipe. Should have checked before posting :)

DOWNTOWN said:
How do you like your malossi kit?

MHR-Replica? I really like it. I have 12,000 on the odometer now with this cyl/piston and still holds as good of compression as when new. It generates very good power for a scooter that I ride to work often (it is purely a street riden scooter, not race). In no way do I take it easy, so I am impressed with how it is wearing.

Monza, what pipe are you using?

And EX, no shit. I live on the corner of Welland and George. Almost across from the biggest beer fridge(THe BEER STORE) LOL What a small world. maybe we can hook up after I get my scoot going again. I've got two friends with BW's as well.

Monza, what pipe are you using?

And EX, no shit. I live on the corner of Welland and George. Almost across from the biggest beer fridge(THe BEER STORE) LOL What a small world. maybe we can hook up after I get my scoot going again. I've got two friends with BW's as well.

Well my scoot is an Ex-Todd Molnar BW pit bike. I know Chris Mitzivich over on Maple Ave has a BW and I know his buddy at least used to have one. We used to terrorize the Falls on the scoots in full race gear and chill at the Hortons on Lundy's.

Let me know if you need any parts as I have been collecting bits here and there. I am getting quite the collection of rollers that have less than 50km on them or jets that have 5km or less on them.

Can't even get a fricking jet without ordering and waiting a day or two because no one stocks del orto jets not even the bloody Vespa/Derbi/Piaggio importer. Thibault is better this year than last but stocking levels can be crap at times and getting an ETA on b/o's is impossible. I can call buddies I raced with who are sales reps for them and still get nothing.

Once my buddy gets his old Honda passport moped/scooter running we will most likely do a Falls run. Let me know how your scoot is coming along and what parts you are using.

I was going to mention Chris and Jay but I wasn't sure if that's who you meant. Jay got rid of his original BW and just bought another one. Mine is in my basement getting the whole treatment. Streetstyle. Also I have a friend that has dellorto jets and can make any size you would need. He is a jeweller and builds some of the craziest A/C and L/C pocketbike motors. did you know chris when he had his prelude? By the way I am Jay Brown.

downtown,

I have a Tecnigas None. I have been happy with it. The construction is much better than any other Tecnigas pipe (which are typically flimsy). The only complaint I have is the springs it came with for the flange were weak and didnt hold the pipe tight to the manifold stub. I put some tight ones on with some silicone to seal up. It is designed to work in the 11,000 rpm range and makes the MHR Replica sing.

Here it is on my scoot:
new_pipe.jpg

Stay A/C

Yo, you say your new...
Just keep the bike A/C....
Trust me on that 1...
after you have had the bike for a while and are used to doing everything
then change to L/C, and BTW,,, ATHENA IS SHIT! I would throw their shit in the trash... athena is th eold EuroCylindro.... SHIT
Pay th emoney and get a stage 6, polini or maloissi....
and get a Nice full load/race crank
Exhaust, yasuni....

Yo, you say your new...
Just keep the bike A/C....
Trust me on that 1...
after you have had the bike for a while and are used to doing everything
then change to L/C, and BTW,,, ATHENA IS SHIT! I would throw their shit in the trash... athena is th eold EuroCylindro.... SHIT
Pay th emoney and get a stage 6, polini or maloissi....
and get a Nice full load/race crank
Exhaust, yasuni....

Stage6 are made from Athena... And they're not so bad at all, for the price it's hard to get better.

Markybda,
I am not new to L/C engines I have been working on them for the last two years in minimoto form. In minimoto there are a few select choices for head kits/engines, chinese, polini bzm, etc... HOWEVER there are just too many choices and opinions out there. I would rather buy a tried and proven setup than dick around with this and that. that money tree in the back yard is drying up pretty quick.lol Also being Canadian I don't have the options/choices that you might have.

Markybda,
I am not new to L/C engines I have been working on them for the last two years in minimoto form. In minimoto there are a few select choices for head kits/engines, chinese, polini bzm, etc... HOWEVER there are just too many choices and opinions out there. I would rather buy a tried and proven setup than dick around with this and that. that money tree in the back yard is drying up pretty quick.lol Also being Canadian I don't have the options/choices that you might have.

I am with you. I just got the Athena 70cc air-cooled and it is not bad and it can be found locally. Is it as fast as the stuff the rest of the guys from Europe get? Who knows. You personally know my scoot and what it was capible of. I added a technigas next r and got the stock bore 2001 (old school verticle) motor up to 88.6 on the GPS which read about 110kmh on the stock speedo. Now with the Athena 70cc air cylinder it makes the old motor feel like a turd and it is still not even close to be setup. That and I am still using an airbox.

I am a week or two away from getting my setup tuned in. I will come down to St Catharines and we can meet at Chris's place and you can take mine out and decide for yourself. If you still work in Mississauga you can meet me after work one day and take it out here.

Unless you want to order online and wait and wait we are getting some decent stuff coming in these days to CANADA. If you want metrakit I can get you the info on the importer in Alberta, Mallossi, Athena and airsal can be found at Thibault. I know I can get anything stock from Thibault in 24 hours. I am not sure if you remember Ryan Gill, he used to own Condor Racing in Stoney Creek / he raced 125's. He is part owner of Riders Choice in Mississauga and he gets me all of my scoot stuff. The guy you want to speak to is Andrew on the parts desk.

I am with you. I just got the Athena 70cc air-cooled and it is not bad and it can be found locally. Is it as fast as the stuff the rest of the guys from Europe get? Who knows. You personally know my scoot and what it was capible of. I added a technigas next r and got the stock bore 2001 (old school verticle) motor up to 88.6 on the GPS which read about 110kmh on the stock speedo. Now with the Athena 70cc air cylinder it makes the old motor feel like a turd and it is still not even close to be setup. That and I am still using an airbox.

ATHENA IS SLOW, HANDS DOWN..... its a 70cc so of course it is going to make th ebike have MUCH more power.... Its also got a bigger exhaust than that garbage stock block with differnt porting....

Unless you want to order online and wait and wait we are getting some decent stuff coming in these days to CANADA. If you want metrakit I can get you the info on the importer in Alberta, Mallossi, Athena and airsal can be found at Thibault. I know I can get anything stock from Thibault in 24 hours. I am not sure if you remember Ryan Gill, he used to own Condor Racing in Stoney Creek / he raced 125's. He is part owner of Riders Choice in Mississauga and he gets me all of my scoot stuff. The guy you want to speak to is Andrew on the parts desk.

If you can get the other stuff like maloissi - polini - metrakit, then GET THAT, its worth it, not that athena garbage....
I have put on more athena parts in my life thatn u have, and 1 out of 3 or 4 cylinders are ok, and maybe ex-racer is lucky and got a good cylinder, but use your judgement and get others oppinions on this board, but i am telling u its shit.... flat out

Marky

hey Ex, yeah I have the Importations 07 catalogue at home. I ordered through a shop in hamilton which gets it in quick. the parts that I just ordered through a shop in fonthill,are taking fuc&ing forever to get here.
Also Ex, I have talked to the distributor in Alberta about the metrakit stuff.
However I think that I will order out of florida with the dollar being so high, it will be cheaper even with duties.

marky, i have also looked into the metrakit Sp stuff which I think I will be ordering.

Back