Gear Oil for Piaggio Zip FR

xzburnoutzx

Italjet Dragster
I have trouble finding the spot where to poor the gear oil. Besides the rear wheel I have 2 wholes. The lower one is for letting the oil out and the upper one is the test one i belive, which shows how much to poor - am I right? But where, what, and how much do I poor. Heres the picture - the red circle is on the upper hole which is the check one - I think.

wbrjab.jpg

Advertisement - register to remove this

xzburnoutzx said:
I have trouble finding the spot where to poor the gear oil. Besides the rear wheel I have 2 wholes. The lower one is for letting the oil out and the upper one is the test one i belive, which shows how much to poor - am I right? But where, what, and how much do I poor. Heres the picture - the red circle is on the upper hole which is the check one - I think.

wbrjab.jpg

Use the upper hole for the filling and the amount. Make sure the engine is in normal mounted position, and use a hose and funnel to get the oil in. As soon as the oil pours back out the upper hole the oil level is o.k.

Last edited:
Small mistake, I wrote it in a hurry. Does it matter what kind of gear oil I use. I have a Valvoline GL4 somewhere around...

Last edited:
if you use mineral based gear oil your gears willl wear out quickly, if you drain out the oil only after a few hundred kms of riding you'll see a lot of metal shavings suspended in the oil, with a fully synthetic gear oil like Motul Gear300 i almost have no wear on my transmission gears i could only see very few metal particles suspended in the oil.

i have Malossi Primary gear kit so i wouldn't use anything less than full synthetic gear oil on a perfromance oriented set-up.

Back