fitting bearings

ITS DONE!!! i installed the bearings using wood and a hammer, they went in fine, put the crank in tapped it into the bearing and assembled the carters. The oldbearing that came out were very loose but mine wernt-covered in grease. After i assembled both carters and bolted it up and the crank was vert tight, i tapped both carters and the crank loosened up and i could bolt it up even more and removing the gap-if any. The crank was quite stiff but after a few knocks either side of the crank it loosened up and using engine oil, with the bearings covered in thick grease-like vaseline it almost span itself. All seems good so far and installed my mhr rep 70cc kit with a fair amount of compression. I havnt installed the variator side crank seal yet, does the flat-back side of it face into the engine or out onto the variator.

Nicely Summarised Frank,
With regards to the crank seal if your looking down the crank spline where the vari slips down, your seal should be inserted so your looking at the flat-back side so its facing you. Its the same with the mag side too. I normally push both seals in down evenly with my thumb until flush with the casing. Good Luck Mate

also with seals a smear of 2 stroke oil on the inner lip and cling film over the crankshaft end to help ease the seals over splines and circlip grooves without risk of nicking and the outer edge a smear of loctite threadlock or bearing retainer will ease the seal in real easy then hold it well when it drys had a seal pop out under high crankcase compression but never with this method

WEll i kicked the engine over many times to get the oil flowing again, defo alot stiffer than my old cranks, bearings etc =21000km!- although its about the same compared to my mates new aerox. Started 2nd kick with a bit of throttle took for a spin and it can idle fine, ive noticed it slows down rather quickly but this is probally due tot he fact ive got from 9x2g rollers to 9x4 grams rollers. Is a 85 jet too small? Im still running in a 30kph for the 1st hour then 50kph for the next hour and just taking it easy.

mhr rep, 17.5mm carb, std derestricted pipe.

Why would yo even think of making the bearing smaller if you can easly slide the bearings in the holes when heated properly. :?

The water you speak of is already in the atmosphere in the form of moisture, so it's there whether you see it or not.
I just drop the temperature to nothing less than 30 degrees f. (Fridge/freezer temp)
My cases aren't to hot , and if I can drop the temperature on my bearings 60 f. then that means I don't have to get my cases 60 degrees hotter for the same result. What if one day you don't have a heat gun . Now you have a optional way to alter the size of a bearing by cooling it.

Back