finally evo2!

this cilinder looks great........i am gunna order one as soon as i get back to the island...were did u guys order yours? that exhaust is great..... that makes it easier to gain power aswell because u can raise the canter of the exhaust port better...also great durability with this style exhaust...

Piaggio version is comming next week in our shop !!

Very attractive price of € 279,65
Minarelli hor l.c. SP 10 € 259,95

:)

Twin said:

well, how does it work? (if you tried it? I might be interested about it..)

// Xaniz

Twin said:

hmm.. when do you think they will get 12mm pin?

// Xaniz

im pretty sure you can put the old evo piston 12mm into it
which will make it pin 12mm then but you ll have to throw out the 10mm piston

Well guys, I'll tell you what. I have both MKPR2 and the new Polini Evo, and they both run really good as they come. However, I've gone the next step: I made the auxillary exhaust ports on the polini the same size as the MK and let me tell you guys, IT FUCKIN HAULS SOME ASS!!!!! I'm seeing 1300 RPMs more out of it over the metrakit block, a little less than the old evo, but I thought that block revved too much anyways. Either way, I'm likin this new evo. I'm still gonna run my MK motor for the last race of the season here in Bermuda, but I'm seriously thinkin about using the new polini blocks next season. As far as the rest of my motor though, MHR all the way......cept for my manifold......got a goody I like.

FUracing8 said:
Well guys, I'll tell you what. I have both MKPR2 and the new Polini Evo, and they both run really good as they come. However, I've gone the next step: I made the auxillary exhaust ports on the polini the same size as the MK and let me tell you guys, IT FUCKIN HAULS SOME ASS!!!!! I'm seeing 1300 RPMs more out of it over the metrakit block, a little less than the old evo, but I thought that block revved too much anyways. Either way, I'm likin this new evo. I'm still gonna run my MK motor for the last race of the season here in Bermuda, but I'm seriously thinkin about using the new polini blocks next season. As far as the rest of my motor though, MHR all the way......cept for my manifold......got a goody I like.

so.. I dont really understand but did the new evo performed better than the pr2?

Xaniz said:
so.. I dont really understand but did the new evo performed better than the pr2?

with the exception of the auxilliary exhaust ports the new EVO2 has a bigger main exhaust port than MK PR2 so by making the 2 aux ex ports bigger he gained more performance from it, also when you compare the transfer ports of the EVO2 & the PR2 the EVO2's much bigger.

in the hands of a savvy tuner both cilinders can make incredible power without going thru pistons & rings like there's no tomorrow (as the case with MHR Team), out of the box i think the EVO2 is more powerful than PR2.

Thank you Mr. Tiba, finally someone knows what they're talking about. By opening up those auxillary ports I gained alot of performance, the transfers being larger allowed me to do so because I knew with more fuel in the cylinder I'd need more exhaust to get it out after the BOOM! I guess in Ireland where Eoin's from, they just try and put shit on a bike and hope and pray it's fast instead of knowing how things work to actually make it fast. You've probably got alot of money cause you talk alot of shit about Bermudians like you're some bad ass mechanic, when in fact, from what I've seen of you on this forum, you're a fuckup, because all you ever do is beg for help cause you're too stupid to do it yourself! You're 18 and don't know shit about shit, so shut up. I'm 25, been on a bike since I was 7, and am a mechanic by trade for 7 years, fully certified by MMI. If you don't know yet, the key to making a two stroke motor fast is port timing, crankcase compression, and exhaust flow. There's also more 2-stroke scooters on this little island than there is in ALL of Ireland and there is also an organized racing club that puts races on for half the year. Take a look for yourself:

http://www.bmrc.bm/

The evo block performs mildly better than the PR2 on a moderatly tuned minerelli. Like I said before, my setup is malossi team crank, over-range variator and pulley, transmission, delta clutch, belt, selletra inner-rotor ignition (all malossi), hebo reedcage, top performance series 3 lg. manifold, Mikuni 28 flatslide carb, MKPR3 pipe, 14/43 gearing, bitubo suspension, malossi whoop disk and caliper braking system, and dunlop rubber to keep it stuck on a Benelli 491. I match my carters to each cylinder, because as all we real mechanics know, the port allignment on a MK block is differet than a polini or malossi. I'll be posting pics as soon as I finish my new paint job in preperation for next season. I also have a taiwanese version Yamaha Jog with 12" wheels on it that I am setting up for drag racing. I wanna try something crazy with it, like maybe using a piaggio motor on some sort of bracket, since the Jog takes a minerelli. I wanna run the 2F2R stuff on it real bad. Fun little bike.

keep on dissin Bermudians Eoin....just keep it up. In 2006 4 or 5 of us are gonna be shippin our bikes out to the UK to do some racing there and in Spain. So far only one guy from Bermuda has gone away to race in Spain, and when he was there, all the Metrakit technicians could talk about was the "Bermuda Speed" team. you may not understand what I'm sayin, but trust me, I know what I'm talkin about and most of us that talk on here know too.

the thing that I just wanted to point out to guys is this: why do you think polini went from the malossi inspired exhaust port to the metrakit inspired exhaust? Metrakit has been using that pattern for years now, and I really think that it adds to the durability and reliablity of the kit. I'll be ineterested to see if Malossi goes the same way.

i have a polini 50cc cast iron also and it has the exhaust with the boost ports

why do you think this is such a new design? coz its been around for years

why do you take it to heart so much? All im saying is your posts are a little hard to read,what does that have to do with bermudan racing teams

Back