Fastest Speed by Scooter 70

last weekend hit 150kph (93mph) and got to it really fast. the low end power was amazing even with the 7 to 1 gear set. next i will be installing a 6 to 1 set and i think i can get to 160kph (100mph) and still be running the 70cc evo kit ;)

Dude.... is this on radar?
like that is flying for a 70cc..... u dun got a 2 fast 4 race?

Marky

That speed was recorded on my digital Koso speedo, but my friend was right next to me, and his speedo read the same. He has a slightly larger jog engine. But we are at the same speed. We both passed a porsche 996, hehe, i know he was not trying, but it sure felt good ;)

I will post pics later this week. The rpm was at 14100. I have a true Polini EVO 1 kit that i ported radically.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am aiming for 160kph by months end.

Well my friend had a gps on his, and said the same speed, so i am pretty sure mine is accurate. I also was paced by a motorcycle side by side before and read the same. So i feel its accurate. This speedo was custom built for the bike, so its calipbrated to match tire and wheel size.
I will try to have a radar gun, or maybe taunt an officer to laser me, but i will get a ticket for sure at those speeds, hehe ;)

well just updating my efforts to get my desired top speed with my 70cc evo kit. Here is the update and also will repost some info on my other page about similar topic.
Aloha

DSC04061.jpg

DSC03056.jpg

DSC03047.jpg

Interesting discussion for sure
Roost i aggree with what you are saying about taller gearing
What people dont understand its the total gearing from the crank to the wheel
Not just the gearbox at the back
So you need to towk out the total gearing and you will find its the smae as the variator will compensate

I do however disagree with the heavy clutch springs and the variator moving before the clutch comes in for the simple reason that if you have heavy clutch springs then you normally have lighter rollers as well so while the engine may rev higher the variator also reacts later

Thanks for the post replies. I am very pleased with the performance of this bike, considering the bikes weight is about 140lbs, i wiegh 175lbs. This was on a very slight down hill that i achieved this speed. Yes it is accurate and has been checked.
Wax head; I have a total understanding of gear ratios and how to set up a bike. I do appriciate the imput and you are right to point out about stiff springs. Most people put too stiff a center spring and run heavier wieghts to compinsate for too much rev. This results in wasted horsepower.
Not to pat myself on the back, but i am pretty sure i know what i am doing to achieve that kind of results. When i originally posted this it was to just get some imput.
Thanks to everyone and much Aloha your way ;)

My best 70 ccm scooter speed was digi 131 km/h, 145 km/h on an Area 51 tacho and finally My MC scooters
Full power Leonardo (cyliner, cam, 34 mm etc. 153 km/h and my Runner VXR Doing 162 ish. On Speedo. Both are motorway speeds a bit downhill. So realisticly some 140 km/h

My bike is still 100% Polini parts, and still true 70cc. Sadly to say that i have just sold the bike. I will miss it after all the years and time i put into it. If it where in a lighter bike, or i was lighter, i am sure the top speed would be drastically improved.

I will now move onto my next personal bike project involving my Benelli 491 with FHT (Fabrizi) 47.6x47 race set up, with dual sparkplug head. I will see how it fairs in preformance and try to post it up in the project section.

Much Mahalos and Aloha to all for the great comments

do you want to know on a road, or on a dyno??

At a dyno i know there was a topspeed of 190 km/h with a sonic with speed7t

i've heard that too, but i've heard also that that wasn't the limit, they could go faster :)

but on a dyno you don't have capacitance of the wind and the friction of the tyres etc.

Great to hear the results on Dyno runs for speed, but they are way off from what the bike does on the road. You can tell mine is on road, since the front wheel is what makes the speedo read, and on a Dyno the front wheel does not turn.
Dyno results are great to see when they are of HP. Sorry i never tested mine on the dyno. I was more or less just interested in tops speeds for TRUE 70cc bikes.

Back