Dellorto PHBG 19 BS Help

jake169

Hello im new to the forum, My setup is an 03 aerox with a hebo manston 50 kit and a doppler exhaust.

I have just installed Dellorto PHBG 19 BS Carb but I am having trouble setting it up. The carb comes standard on a ktm 50 mx bike therefore it is setup differently.

The bike will not start with the carb, as there dont seem to be enough fuel getting through, I think this could be to do with the starter jet, however if i block the carb up with my hand and kick it a little, the engine will almost start, then if i put the airbox back on it will start and run well, except if you let the revs die down it will cut out.

If anyone knows how to solve these problems or if anyone has this carb or any phbg what settings and jetting are you using, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

For starters, Malossi sets it up like:

Needle: W16
atomizer: 262AU (should already be in there, since you have a BS type which comes with this type of atomizer)
idle jet: 45
float: 5 gr

And I'd say another exhaust would be better (or another cylinder with the same exhaust :p)

Thanks for the info, I will be changing to a 45 jet. Does the malossi carb have an independant starting circuit with a starter jet? If so what size is it?

It's got a manual choke.
I thought it's a size 60, not entirely sure though.
Shouldn't matter too much though, it's probably one of the bigger adjustment parts that needs changing.

Back